DIY mirror finish on the Eurostyle Reiger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY mirror finish on the Eurostyle Reiger

This is what 3 days of painting, wetsanding @ 1200 grit, hand polishing and wax will net you if you have the patience. Not bad for Duplicolor. :up:

looks pretty damn good. how many coats did you have to lay down on that mofo? i didnt realize you could wetsand/polish duplicolor out to a nice reflection.
    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
      looks pretty damn good. how many coats did you have to lay down on that mofo? i didnt realize you could wetsand/polish duplicolor out to a nice reflection.
      About a fucking can and a half. :D

Comment

Now that's some serious shine for a spray can.

1992 BMW 325iC
        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Ive done alot with duplicolor....you can get it looking great...only problem is that it chips easy
          hellaflush x driftunit

Comment

Originally posted by e30xcel View Post
            Ive done alot with duplicolor....you can get it looking great...only problem is that it chips easy
            That will be taken care of, once I find a shop around here that does Clear Bra. Plus, I'm getting a splitter for the bottom.

Comment

Looks pretty damned good man!
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

looks like you did a great job. I hope it stays that nice, and that splitter will look great.
                ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Looking good

Is that the lacquer based "Auto Spray" that are in the tiny cans? Did you use a clear coat?

Comment

Originally posted by td325ic View Post
                    Looking good

Is that the lacquer based "Auto Spray" that are in the tiny cans? Did you use a clear coat?
                    No, this was one of the full size cans, but they come in tiny cans, too. No clear coat, I'll be putting Clear Bra on it along with my valence.

Comment

very nice.. too bad it will be ruined almost instantly once you actually drive around with it :)
                      '12 F30 328i Sport Line
                      '91 SpecE30 #523
                      '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

how is a splitter going to save you from chips???

looks good either way! still waiting for my replacement to arrive :(
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

ok cool, now put it on!
                          1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                          1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
                          1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                          1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                            how is a splitter going to save you from chips???

looks good either way! still waiting for my replacement to arrive :(
                            The splitter isn't going to protect me from chips. Is that what I said? Oops. :D I meant the Clear Bra.

Comment

I want to do a clear bra on the sides of my mtech2 rear valance, and probably the rieger lip too. the rear actually gets pummled much worse though..
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                              X