FEELER: DIY Roller paint job detailed writeup

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Garageaholic
    replied


    Up for sale. I changed the price to $15 due to all of the pictures and the mandatory need to mail a CD as opposed to a simple email.

    Thanks!

    Leave a comment:


  • AndrewBird
    replied
    :up:

    Leave a comment:


  • Garageaholic
    replied
    Bump.
    On schedule to release 4/25/10

    Leave a comment:


  • Garageaholic
    replied
    All,

    I plan to release this 40-45 page writeup on 4/25/10. It will be very detailed and will be mandatory to send a CD due to over 140 high resolution photos and a custom tracking excel spreadsheet.

    It will also include a bonus section on building your own sidemarkers, either clear or smoked, for approximately $15 for a set of 4.

    Leave a comment:


  • rmd photography
    replied
    Any idea how or if this would work with a flat black paint?

    Leave a comment:


  • funcrew
    replied
    I'm in. I've read the absolutely massive forum threads at MoParts, and wading through all the conflicting static is mind-numbing. I'd gladly pay $10 to get an E30-specific write-up, especially with long-term results documented.

    I have a gallon of Pettit Easypoxy sitting in my parts closet, waiting for me to work up the guts to do this.

    Leave a comment:


  • Garageaholic
    replied
    Originally posted by browntown
    wow, this thread is so old it has you as m3fan4eva as the author. that sir, is proper forum use, updating your feeler from three years ago. I'm impressed.

    Hahahaha, thanks. Better late than never!!

    I'll keep in touch

    Leave a comment:


  • deutschman
    replied
    this would be great. im thinking of doing this to my 2002.

    Leave a comment:


  • browntown
    replied
    wow, this thread is so old it has you as m3fan4eva as the author. that sir, is proper forum use, updating your feeler from three years ago. I'm impressed.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30nub
    replied
    I'll swoop one up.

    Leave a comment:


  • Garageaholic
    replied
    Guys,

    I've decided to publish a roller paint job writeup. It will be rather comprehensive with how-to's, step/by/step, spreadsheets, pictures, graphics...etc.

    It will be a *.pdf writeup and will be available by the end of this month. It will include parts used, paint identified, bodywork...etc.

    It will be in CD format and can be available for purchase for $10 and can be paid via paypal (see signature).

    I'll publish this before the end of the month.

    Thanks!

    Frank

    Leave a comment:


  • delfin
    replied
    so where's this write up?

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    Orbital sanders are a no-no. You want something that goes back and forth not around or erratically. They have special paint prep sanders you should look into.

    I did the paint roller myself and it worked out fairly well for the amount of time I put into it. If you need a place to host it, you can use my website.

    Leave a comment:


  • HST
    replied
    Has this write up been completed?

    Leave a comment:


  • evangreen
    replied
    Ive been following this thread ever since it started 3yrs or so on moparts.com This guy with a 69 charger was the first one and im sure if you search on moparts.com you'll find it. I believe the thread name was paint job on a budget. It has been saved in their archives and there are hundreds of pages with pics and results. Guys also started using cheapo $30 plug in spray guns and thinning their paint with mineral spirits.
    The most common paint used was tremclad a canadian version of rustolium but i believe there is a comparible version of the rustolium availible here in the states.

    heres the original thread

    Leave a comment:

Working...