FEELER: DIY Roller paint job detailed writeup
Collapse
X
-
yes, I will address all these questions in the writeup... If you get that many bubbles... 1 of two things will happen depending on how viscous the paint mixture is...
1. If it's properly thin enough, they will all pop on their own over time... If you want to pop them ANYWAY, then VERY LIGHTLY trace the roller over the paint. they will all disappear..
2. If it's too viscous, however, then you will run into problems of the bubbles not popping. Of course it's sandable, but more work later :)
I get an average of 2 random PM's per week of detailed questions as to how I did it... So I thought i'd do a very detailed writeup with tricks of the trade that i've learned. -
yes it would be wonderful, my next beater in need of paint is going to get a roller job most likely.Leave a comment:
-
yes that would be great. One question I have is did you get a lot of bubbles from the foam roller when you were laying the paint?Leave a comment:
-
FEELER: DIY Roller paint job detailed writeup
Do you guys want to see a good 15-20 page writeup of how I did my roller paint job in detail all the way from prep to paint to sanding and polishing.
Again, it's how I did it. I believe it's the right way to be done because it's still a great paint job after about 3k miles on it.....
So, would this help any of you?
I have started a thread similar to this, but about the M30 swap...
Josh Anderson, Will it be possible to host this on this website as a downloadable word document?
It probably won't be ready for about a month, but it could help....Tags: None

Leave a comment: