No announcement yet.

Rubber shadowline paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics? How did it turn out on the shadowlining?

Comment

All this chit-chat and no pictures...

very disappointed.
      Originally posted by Simon S
      When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

over at MKV Forums Plasti Dip is widely used and known.. Here is a link of a thread where some rims were 'dipped'

and some grille and emblem work
        welp, i'm getting the mod itch again. i'm thinking about spraying my front grille and stripe with plastidip. my question is, has anyone sprayed over a dented grille? i have a small chip and dent in the plastic and I'm wondering if it'll throw off the final look. I'm not familiar with this...
        sigpic
        Evolution of My E30 M3Recent PicsSC*AR

Comment

Originally posted by silversleeper View Post
          Does it rank up there on the fun-o-meter with smearing Elmer's Glue all over your hand, letting it dry, and peeling it off?
          I used to do this all the time in school as a kid. Its the first thing i thought of when Josh made that post.

It's soooooooooo fun.

That being said, I'm doing this to my wheels before i put them on. Just waiting on spacers, so i'll have pics next week.

So, do you think I don't need to tape off the tires before spraying???????? It'll just peel off after it dries?
          turk@gutenparts.com

Originally posted by Janderson
          Properly placed zip ties will hold bridges together.

Comment

So I went to Home Depot and got some of this stuff this morning and did my iS lip with it. I'll be moving to the chrome bits later in the day. I'll post-up when it's finished. I would definitely tape off- for wheels I'd do the index cards. I think it would still be a mess even if does just peel off.

Comment

Originally posted by Mtriple View Post
              All this chit-chat and no pictures...

very disappointed.

Comment

I'm half tempted to do my RM's with this stuff until I can afford some new lips and what not anyway. My stock lips are pretty trashed, so this might look pretty good until I have some time and money.

Comment

So this stuff is definitely cool. I did the lip with everything taped everything off, and I was pretty disappointed with the results. The problem was that it peels up very easily with the tape and doesn't leave very clean lines around the edges (even though I used a razor blade to try to make a clean cut). So I peeled it all off, took off the lip and sprayed it over again. I should have pics tmw.

Comment

Yeah, it's definitely kind of a pain if you're doing a ton of masking. I found it easier to just mask lightly and rub off the overspray, or just take off what you're painting, like side moldings.

Comment

washed the car, the front spoiler and splitter are both plasti dipped, tomorrow I'm going to do the skirts.

7speedshop.com

Comment

i am probably going to get flamed for this, but i was bored while doing some body work today and i had 3 cans of the stuff and well i sprayed my hood panda style it came out ok but i will most likely peel it off soon i will post pics tomorrow

Comment

I'm going to try doing a fender of my pickup that has bad paint with it and see how long it holds up.

Comment

sorry i was slacking today but in the morning im gonna take some pics i actually like the plasti-dip on the hood

Comment

couple thoughts on what this stuff could replace:

1)rear plate-fillers. just spray this stuff over your paint! peel it off when you dont want it anymore.

2)lamin-x. i see there is a clear. spray on your headlight/foglight lenses.

3)vinyl car graphics. just mask, spray with appropriate color, viola! instant hood motorsports flag. maybe some some ///m pinstripes?

4)blue painters tape. going on a long road trip? coat the front edges of your fenders/hood/valance with this stuff.
                              Last edited by straight6pwr; 03-02-2009, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Or a spay on condom

Comment

Working...
                                X