No announcement yet.

Rubber shadowline paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im curios how long it last. I may do my front lip and side trim. Guys with ugly DB's could use this on the trim that goes around the possibly.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

A guy on BF.C said he had it for like 2 years and never had a single issue.

And with diving boards, you could do the entire bumper. Super quick, easy blackout.

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
        Have you tried peeling it off anything after it dries? It's actually fun. :D
        Does it rank up there on the fun-o-meter with smearing Elmer's Glue all over your hand, letting it dry, and peeling it off?
        Claus Luthe is my hero.

Comment

and then eating it?
          www.benjamineliward.com

Comment

I'm not sure about the eating part... I never got into that.

But I think when I get home from NM I'll definitely pick up a couple cans of this stuff.

My goals for this stuff:

1. Shadowline
            2. Satin black my Borbet centers
            3. Repaint the black trim around my car
            4. Spray my new iS lip with this shit and mount that piece
            5. Walk around with an undeserved sense of accomplishment
            Claus Luthe is my hero.

Comment

This is kind of like liquid electrical tape. How does the shade of black look compared to SEM trim black?
              harry/harout

Comment

Hmmm, I was thinking of painting my DBs black but was afraid I'd end up regretting it. This might be just the ticket.
                "Turn off the sun, light up the fire, strike up the band, and set all these static figures into whirling, spinning, flashing action swords clashing points just missing eyes and ears, drums throbbing, figures leaping through the flames to fill the air with a stench of burning hair."
                Robert Edison Fulton Jr.

Comment

Wow this stuff sounds awesome, I should do my stock wheels...
                  Reminiscing...

Comment

Pictures.

Drooling for pictures.

Comment

I think i might give it a shot. Maybe srapy my bottlecas too, then peel it off if it looks lame

Comment

wow this is awesome! I'm definitely pick up a few cans this weekend!
                        stephenbrody.com

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen027 View Post
                          Wow. This thread sounds like an informercial, but i think i may try the shadowline. BTW josh, pix!
                          haha it really does! but this stuff sounds like the shit, i gotta give it a try on the kidneys. If only i had all pieces of my chrome trim...

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
                          Originally posted by scabzzzz
                          I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
                          1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
                          2002 325i - DD
                          2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

Originally posted by bmw325csi View Post
                            This is kind of like liquid electrical tape. How does the shade of black look compared to SEM trim black?
                            I would say the match is very close. The plastidip might be very slightly darker as well as having a bit more texture.

Comment

wow, this thread made my night.

things I plan on plasti-dipping:
                              1.) 15" weaves
                              2.) shadowline trim
                              3.) all the other trim
                              4.) is lip

question: is it best to remove the trim first? or not a huge difference if you leave it on?

now here is an interesting idea im thinking of doing. is it a bad idea to do it over your actual paint? because I think it would be baller if i checker-boarded my roof (red/black) with this stuff

(maybe not leave it on for more than a few days/weeks, but it would be cool to put on for a couple weeks in the summer for shows and what not; the idea that you can just peel if off is borderline ridiculous...groupbuy on bulk orders amirite?)

thoughts? comments?
                              Tbolt Division

All I'm saying dude is that bird law in this country...it's not governed by reason.

Comment

All I know is I didn't even mask nearly as much when I did the other side of my car, I just peeled off the overspray. I don't know about long term effects on the paint.

Comment

Working...
                                X