How to repair foam/rubber rear spoiler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to repair foam/rubber rear spoiler?

As the title states, I would like to refresh and repaint the foam/rubber rear spoiler, but i dont wanna mess it up. It does have some cracks in the paint that is on it, and im not sure if these were painted from factory but mine sure is. Any answers would be appreciated!

If there are chucks missing then fill them with reinforced filler or rubber epoxy. Then sand the spoiler to knock down all the cracking paint until primer or base rubber is reached. Once all sanded, you may need a very light filling of lightweight body filler or heavy build primer, then sand, base, and clear coat.
    Owner - Bavarian Restoration
    BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
    www.BavRest.com
    My Feedback Thread
    Our Facebook!
    Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Yeah, what he said..... you can send down spots and then fill but dont go to much filler cause you'll be standing forever , then you can sand with 220 grit all the cracking paint then 500 then 1000 till you have a feathered look .....Google featheredging I wouldn't do it with a DA sander like there gonna say for a spoiler but by hand
      PERSON 1 - "It whispers to me at night...and convinces me i have to spend all my earnings on it...and buy all this stuff....to be cool...and be euro."

PERSON 2 - "Oh your married too?? Oh you mean the car....yes ....yes i agree...:shock:"

Comment

Working...
      X