Late model core support on early model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late model core support on early model

Hey all, as I'm nearing completion of my late model 325is swap into my early model 325e I've run into an issue with my core support. I'm not 100% sure how it happened but the core support on the e shell is totally bent upwards and inwards (potentially from towing it when I first bought it, I will be doing a writeup when I get the car running which will explain that whole situation). Since the support is bum and I would have to fabricate brackets anyways to hold the new radiator, I was thinking about swapping over the core support in its entirety from the is. The only thing i'm concerned about is whether or not it will cause issues with the bumpers or anything else when I start putting on the cosmetic bits of the car because, as stated earlier, the 325is is a late model and the 325e is an early model. Thanks!

Not sure on all the minute differences, but the part number changed in late '87...

Seeing the valences interchange, it should fit (the frame horns are different fro plastic bumpers, tho).

john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Working...
    X