Verify Paint Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Verify Paint Code

Im having some parts of my convertible painted to match but cannot find the color code! its not on the strut tower, looks like it never was. Is the color code printed somewhere else or is there a way i can use my VIN to determine the paint code? Ive been googling as well....

Thanks everyone

i think ive narrowed it down to hellrot or brilliantrot, but would really like to verify. its a 1991 318iC m42, bottlecaps, 6 button MFC, e36 looking steering wheel....not sure if any of this could help determine what color code it is

Comment

According to different sources, only Brillantrot 308 and Calypsorot 252 were available in 1991.

BMW E30 paint codes and color options: The below list is the most comprehensive known paint colors we could compile. BMW did not publish a list publicly

But it only matters if you buy a touch up paint. A body shop will scan the existing paint.

Comment

thank you vincenze, i was relatively certain it was brillantrot but i read that brillantrot was 1stage and my paint has clearcoat peeling, perhaps it was a repaint. i was also thining it could be zinnoberrot as it was manufactured until 1990 and if my car rolled off the shelf before september of '91 it could fall into that category i believe? was zinnoberrot a 1stage paint?

Comment

Working...
        X