Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convertible front license plate bracket

Hi all,
    I just bought my first e30! A 1992 318i convertible. I've owned a lot of BMWs over the years, and this one will join my ZHP convertible as a summer cruiser.

I need to order a front license plate bracket for it, as Massachusetts requires them.

51181908062 appears to be the part # for all the 30s except the convertible... which realoem does not show as having one available. Any idea if this one will fit? Thanks!

1992 318i cabrio Alpinweiss 2
    2006 ZHP cabrio Imola​

Welcome, I recognize your username from the Mafia. I am 99% positive there is no difference between the plastic (late model) bumpers across the coupe/sedan/convertible line up so you should be fine. I will say, as an M42 owner for 15 years now, they are n afterthought in a lot of E30 maintenance and part# documents (you have to by the E36 Bentley to get any M42 specific data, for example). So keep that in mind as you search for things. R3V will be your best resource.

Comment

92 318iC has plastic bumpers so this one should work, no problem. The one for the metal bumpers has black trim around it so it blends in. Verts kept the metal bumpers all the way to early 91 so plastic bumper E30 verts are kind of in a grey area since they are so close to the chassis transition to E36. In fact, they were still selling E30 convertibles in 93 until the E36 vert so this leads to a lot of confusion when ordering parts as they didn't sell E30 coupes/sedans but did offer E30 convertibles in 92-93.
      Last edited by reelizmpro; 04-12-2023, 10:30 AM.
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

This is great info, thank you! Glad to have found a resource for my new e30. Next order of business is choosing a radio.
        2006 ZHP cabrio Imola​

Comment

Originally posted by sna77 View Post
          This is great info, thank you! Glad to have found a resource for my new e30. Next order of business is choosing a radio.
          Blaupunkt Bremen if you want classic looks with modern features, or check out the retrofit OEM radio options being developed on R3V for stock discipline.

Comment

Thanks... Im choosing between the Blaupiunkt (there are a few options besides Bremen: https://blaupunkt.com/automotive/inc...ent/autoradio/), Porsche Classic for CarPlay, as well as VDO one. Blaupunkt Skagen looks clean and can color change the background as well.

2006 ZHP cabrio Imola​

Comment

Working...
            X