H4 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H4 Questions

1. Is slight condensation within the housing normal under very wet conditions? I would assume yes because they are not completely sealed.
    2. A rock hit one of my lenses last night a there is a hairline crack in it. I'm affraid that the constant heat fluxuation (cold air outside, hot bulb inside) will cause the crack to spread. Is there anything that can be done to stop the crack from spreaking? I was thinking about painting a very small amount of epoxy on the outside of the lens on the crack.
    Originally posted by Gruelius
    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

lense is fucked. The crack will spread but the condensation is normal.
    Im now E30less.
    sigpic

Comment

Where can I get replacement lenses? I have Bosch H4s.

Comment

yes and youve got to buy another set of H4 housings. the only way to protect it, is to get lamp protectors. plastic housing thing. or stone guard will help a bit. ive gotten my H4s from bav auto or rockymountain motorworks, but it seems theyve gone strictly VW now.
        FOKAI DA'MA'SHI'I ENSANE GRAPPING INT.

Comment

How much does the housing matter in relation to the bulb? If I have Osram Silverstar +50s, can I buy any ole 5 3/4" H4 Housing? Or does the quality of the reflector and such matter a lot?

Comment

just as long as youre using H4 bulbs. there shouldnt be a problem. i used reg sylvanias before, now ive got the silverstars.
            FOKAI DA'MA'SHI'I ENSANE GRAPPING INT.

Comment

I was asking if the quality of the reflector was a large factor in the quality of the light output. I have some Osram Silverstars so I don't want to buy some crappy housing and have them suck... I was asking if it really made a difference which H4 housing I bought.

Comment

Bosch are cheap and obviously they are good. Mine were 70 cnd for the pair of h4 lows so only like 50usd. I doubt you could find any cheaper even if they were shitty.

Comment

Well I bought some epoxy and spread a tiny bit right along the crack. Hopefully it won't spread anymore, but with all of this snow we're getting I probably won't be driving it for a little while.

Comment

Working...
                  X