Trim issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trim issues

My chrome trim on my 1987 325is is peeling away from the car on the driver's side door. Any suggestions on properly fixing this? Not just super glue lol...
    Attached Files

bump

Comment

looks like you're missing a clip.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
      ---------------------------------
      89 E30 S52
      ---------------------------------
      Transaction Feedback.

Comment

yes, missing a clip. It may have rusted away. I had the same problem and just got some new clips. Done and done.
        1989 US E30 Cammed S52
        Under Construction: 1983 Euro E28 Cammed LQ9/LS3 Heads/Jakeb E28 LSx Kit

Comment

having this same issue. Isn't quite as bad as yours, but i have a feeling if i dont take care of it, it will be... :(

Comment

What is this clip that you speak of and where can I get one? Can you link the part from BavAuto?

Comment

If I'm seeing the picture correctly it is the top bit of trim. You'll need #13 from the diagram below.

Check a local dealership first (call don't drive!). The part is crazy cheap. I paid 0.67 per clamp which total was about $5. Part #51-13-1-863-499. Just give the parts department the number and they'll tell you if they have it and how much.

I had to do the same thing occur on my passenger side recently after removing the trim to shadowline. The clamps were worn out.

The easiest method to install is get a buddy to hold the trim while you place the clamp near a former existing one. Get a small enough screwdriver which will fit in the gap where the clamps are supposed to sit. Place the clamp in, position the screwdriver in the middle of it and give it a decent little wack with a hammer. It should pop right in. After that, install the trim from front to back.
              1986 911 Supercharged Frakenstrat/Stripped
              1987 325is Delphin/Black (Olga)
              1988 M3 Zinno/Natur (Elsa)

Manual or STFU

E30 Chapter of BMW Car Club of America
              E30 Oktoberfest 2017

Comment

Working...
              X