DTMFiberWerkz Vs Ireland Engineering Flares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DTMFiberWerkz Vs Ireland Engineering Flares

Anyone have experience with either of this. I am about to start working on fitting 17x9 wheels with 255/40/17 tires on them so i know i will need flares for sure.
    Not sure with which one to go or if there is a third simple option.

AutoCross Photos!!https://picasaweb.google.com/eugenes18t

I've ran both. First the IE flares (2002 turbo copies)

Then I moved on to the DTM flares:

The DTM flares are wider, but heavier and easier to crack with a solid hit from a tire. The IE flares have less flare but can take a beating. Also eurostop charges far far to much for shipping.

You can easily fit 255/40/17's with the eurostop flares, but it might be tight with the IE flares. I'm currently running 245/35/18 Kuhmo XS's on 18x9.5 et22 CSL reps. 10mm spacers in the front to clear the strut and 5mm in the rear.
    My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

My eurostop flares have way more lip then yours eric. You said the guys just slapped yours on but it looks like they did some trimming.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
      My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Inner lip? Nothing an air die grinder can't quickly remove! Got any pics of your setup? what tire/wheel spec are you running?

Comment

Bringing this back to life. I have a set of Eurostops on there way to my house, I'd like to see some r3v guys that are rocking them. I'd also like to know what your wheel/tire specs are so I know what I can and can't do!

Thanks!
          sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Is there a way to mount them without drilling holes and taking a die grinder to the original fender lips? Like 3M double sided foam tape?

I have some 17x9.5's I want to run with some real meat.

Comment

Without cutting the original fender your completely defeat the purpose of running flares. you have to remove the original fender flare to get bigger tires and wheels.....hence extending the flare with after market ones. As far as the tape goes I'd say no. flares usually need a little massaging to get them to fit right.
              sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

massive wheels and tires

Comment

It is so hard to bring myself to cutting up my beautiful body

Comment

then dont do it.
                    Honestly unless your running some stupid 450hp setup, 235/40/17 fit under the stock fenders and GOOD TIRES will give you adequate traction. If you have traction issues now, throw away the nikangs and buy proper sticky rubber.

Here is my 260hp E28 M5 on 225/50/16 RS3's motoring just fine at last weekends 70mph auto-x.

Comment

Haha love your driving music.

Honestly though I am whoarding some amazing 17x9.5" wheels that will need flares to run a beefy tire especially as my end goal is V8. Plus I just love love love the look of widebody street cars.

Comment

I like how eric's ie flares worked out (not as much as the esm or ultrawide kamotors though) but if i remember correctly it took a lot of work to get them to look less '02-ish. Normally they just look wrong.
                        Originally posted by priapism
                        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                        Originally posted by shameson
                        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

my flares:)

7speedshop.com

Comment

KaMotors, what did you use to make the gaskets between the flares and the body? Also, those dont look like rivets...I am curious, as I would like to be able to easily remove my flares. Any info would be great thanks :)

Comment

its fender welting, and I use self tapping screws for easy removal

7speedshop.com

Comment

Working...
                              X