Antenna plug from miata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antenna plug from miata

I just found a very good rubber antenna delete hole plug that fits perfectly. It seals very tightly. Thought I would share.

Genuine Mazda Miata OEM 909-112 1 6.95
    Antenna Hole Plug

gomiata.com

I also bought a hidden antenna - METRA 44-UA20 HIDDEN ELECTRONIC AMPLIFIED CAR ANTENNA.

I never liked the look of the antenna and wanted something that would seal tightly.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

i like this: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=221925 more.

Is it water proof?
    87 ETA | Hibernating

Comment

yes. My parents have one in their miata and it has never leaked. apparently it is an oem miata item. I got the idea from their car. e30 has exactly the same size antenna hole. It seals very tight. It is a little bit of work to push it in.
      sigpic

Comment

7$ plus ludicrous shipping.... gonna have to figure something else out :(

I bought one of these, but without using some silicone or something the fit is loose and it would leak
        87 'vert~~~~~~~89 s50~~~~~~~~~91 318i~~~~~~~~87 s50~~~~~~~~~R.I.P. '91 318i

I Need used SIR tools

Comment

Originally posted by Big Chief View Post
          yes. My parents have one in their miata and it has never leaked. apparently it is an oem miata item. I got the idea from their car. e30 has exactly the same size antenna hole. It seals very tight. It is a little bit of work to push it in.
          That's cool how it seals without using an adhesive, but it looks kind of too bulky and big. Might be the picture. Good find regardless and thanks for sharing.
          87 ETA | Hibernating

Comment

does the hidden antennae work well? I hear they are the sux.
            sigpic
            TRANSACTION FEEDBACK HERE
            FOR SALE ITEMS HERE

Comment

Are you implying that the duct tape is ghetto?

t
              now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

It really isn't bulky IMHO. The picture is really close up. As far as the hidden antenna goes, it is definitely not as good as a regular antenna for picking up stations. It picks up all of my favorite stations but it is can't pick up several of the stations my 2012 car can with no problem. So if you listen to the radio a lot I don't recommend it for stations with weak signals. I just put in a stereo that I can hook my ipod up to and that is what I listen to 90% of the time. And I do love duct tape. That is what I had covering the hole (from inside the trunk) until I got this plug.
                sigpic

Comment

Cool find!
                  I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
                  2875-C Towerview Road
                  Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

I got a plug from Lowes for $.95

Comment

You have a part number? or size?
                      I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
                      2875-C Towerview Road
                      Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

What is the plug from lowes? I actually looked for them there and couldn't find any. I think there are a lot of good options out there. I really was looking for something rubber instead of plastic so that it would seal on its own without having to use silicone. This miata plug is an oem part that is made just for this purpose and the antenna hole is identical in size to our e30. I think all the choices are good, just personal preference. Just sharing another option.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X