Polishing bumpers how to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1craze30 View Post
    How much did the sodium hydroxide cost you?
    It can be had for around 10 bucks on ebay. For stripping chrome check out http://www.caswellplating.com/ they have many products and a large knowledge-base there.
    sigpic

Comment

End result

Just a sample of mine after a polish.
      Attached Files

Comment

Has anybody actually tried this product from Classic Trim Coat? Does it work at all? Have not been able to find much info on real world results for this. Looks like a great product - if it works...
        How to clean oxidized aluminum by Paul Miller Aluminum BMW oxidation on anodized exterior moldings on BMW, Mercedes, Volvo, and all cars with faded anodized aluminum.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike30e View Post
          Has anybody actually tried this product from Classic Trim Coat? Does it work at all? Have not been able to find much info on real world results for this. Looks like a great product - if it works...
          http://classictrimcoat.com/bumper-stripping-kit.html

Originally posted by agent View Post
          If you sand the anodization off the bumper, it will require exponentially more cleaning and polishing once you do. The best solution I've found is the deoxidizer product from Classic Trimcoat. There should be some pics in my [first] build thread.
          Originally posted by kronus
          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

You talking about Klaus? Yes, I read that, but could not really tell about the bumper. Looks good when you reinstalled it, but was it really oxidized or just really dirty? I couldn't tell in the pictures of it in the first posts. I have have found little info on results of their anodized bumper stripping kit... I've read where some say their product for the bumper surrounds works, some say it does not. Your results look pretty good...

Comment

Both. Yeah, I didn't spend as much time on the bumpers as I could have. I'm not a fan of the chromed look that results when all the anodization is removed from the bumper and it gets mirror polished, so I used the same stuff as I used on the window trim pieces, and it's definitely an improvement though it's tough to see in the pics. They could stand to have a few more hours spent on them.
              Originally posted by kronus
              would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Working...
              X