Bavauto body kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bavauto body kit?

I was looking at the prices and wondering if anyone has used or seen the bavauto bumper covers & side skirts applied... The pics they offer are not great at all. Anyone have anything on this stuff?

Post the actual pics in here... bavauto links always go to the home page
    What it feels like owning an e30:

88 325 S50 swap in progress
    90 325ix

Comment

Originally posted by e30jake View Post
      Post the actual pics in here... bavauto links always go to the home page
      Bah... Sorry.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354121912.830310.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	7148420

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354121927.263314.jpg
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	7148421

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354121943.292862.jpg
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	7148422

Comment

you know those fit over your big metal bumpers right? i looked at them when i first got my car but i felt like they would just look funny. besides, the side skirts look like they came from an e36, the front looks like a volvo lip, and it looks like they ran out of time to finish the back so it got left half done.

...thats just my opinion though.
        sigpic
        1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
        1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
        1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

I've eyed that kit in the catalog. The front and rear parts look strangely wide in those pics and leave the impression of a cheapo bodykit. With some Mtech2 door panels it might fill out the body to match the nose and ass. That might look okay....otherwise I think it looks like poo.
          --Will

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
            you know those fit over your big metal bumpers right?
            That explains a lot.
            --Will

Comment

I thought you removed the plastic bumper covers and fit these over... It does look oddly "fat" in the pics, which is why I was hoping someone may have a proper pic with them mounted up & actually painted. I suppose they are on clearance for good reason.

Comment

yikes i cant think of anything you could do to you car that would devalue it faster than putting that shit on.

if you have an early car get euro bumpers and an mtech1 valence.
                if you have a late model car get real IS shirts and IS lip.
                Last edited by Cabriolet; 11-28-2012, 10:32 AM.
                Much wow
                I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by KVF View Post
                  I thought you removed the plastic bumper covers and fit these over... It does look oddly "fat" in the pics, which is why I was hoping someone may have a proper pic with them mounted up & actually painted. I suppose they are on clearance for good reason.
                  no, this is only for early model cars to get the late model look. (notice the tail lights) now they may say to do something silly like use the heavy plastic that actually absorbs the impact for a late model car without the cover and this makes the fit tollerable. but IIRC, you just put this over the big US bumpers.
                  sigpic
                  1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                  1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys. I was hoping against reason and reason has clearly won. ;)

I have a late model big bumper that I already converted to plastic bumpers. I guess I'm in the hunt for some side skirts and rear apron. I already have a factory is front lip to slap on.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354124917.694159.jpg
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	7148427

Comment

oh god, you definitely DONT want that kit. you can find so many others that would look amazing on that car (bbs, zender, MT2, alpina, racing dynamics...)
                      sigpic

Comment

what do you need a rear apron for? you've already got the late model valance. just put on the iS lip and get some iS sideskirts.. perfectly BMW and perfectly good looking.

Comment

What are you doing with your old lip? I talked with you about it for a bit at Bavauto, you said its a Zender, right? Or was it Kamei?
                          Byron
                          Leichtbau

Comment

Like most early US model e30 owners i got annoyed of my DBs, so I swapped to plastics and the lack of the rear valance got annoying so i bought a hartge replica valance. Its not bad at all but i plan on cutting off a late model rear valance and welding it on mine soon. Friend did it and it looked really good. It'll get rid of my only rust spots as well. :up:
                            87 ETA | Hibernating

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                              you know those fit over your big metal bumpers right? i looked at them when i first got my car but i felt like they would just look funny. besides, the side skirts look like they came from an e36, the front looks like a volvo lip, and it looks like they ran out of time to finish the back so it got left half done.

...thats just my opinion though.
                              They do? The pictures make it look like they sit close to the body. And if they covered up the diving boards that stick out 50' then it's misadvertising.

1992 BMW 325iC
                              1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                              1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Working...
                              X