euro bumper from ecs help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

euro bumper from ecs help

so i purchased the euro bumper kit from ecs which overall has been pretty diasapointing. there has been plenty of clips and bolts missing when the website says a complete bolt up kit. anyways the rear bumper has been completley put on the car and now im working on the front. everything was going smooth with the exception of a few bolts until i got to the turn signals. the website said there would be a slight modification to the turn signal harness which i am ok with but ecs did not supply the conector which attaches to the new 2 terminal conector so now i am stuck. does anyone anywhere have a part number for the eruo terminal female end? if anyone does you will be my new best friend. im hoping to have this complete before the end of the week so i can take a picture of hans with the new bumpers since it is my turn to have him.

thank you everyone!

Supposedly you can file down the side of your US turn signal harness to get it to fit the Euro connector. I went a different route on my bumper swap. I cut the socket out of my US signals and retrofit them into the Euro housing. There is a writeup for that method somewhere on the site.

It all depends how you want to do it. You have a few options though.
    -Justin

sigpic

Current: BMWless for now... '15 Grand Cherokee & '03 Mach 1

Comment

There is a diy on here about that female end. I can remember about the details so you'll have to search for it.
      Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

There's some good info in this thread on that front turn signal issue. I installed euros on my '87 several years ago and never ran into this issue, but I think the connecters varied from year to year so I never needed to make any alterations (and I was using all OE stuff, not sure about the ECS kit.) Best of luck, your henna will look delicious with euros.
          - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
          E36 325i sedan
          E30 325i sedan
          Volvo 945T

Comment

thank you. once they are on i will be sure to post some pics. also i am going to run a mtech 1 body kit. just takes money i am working on aquiring lol

Originally posted by TDE30 View Post
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=112187

There's some good info in this thread on that front turn signal issue. I installed euros on my '87 several years ago and never ran into this issue, but I think the connecters varied from year to year so I never needed to make any alterations (and I was using all OE stuff, not sure about the ECS kit.) Best of luck, your henna will look delicious with euros.

Comment

Bottom line, ECS really sucks. Nice people for the most part but they're just not set up right and it seems like no one there knows enough to get their shit together. I have had wrong parts delivered then couldn't return to them soon enough because they would't do business with me over the counter even though they are local.
              just doin track stuff :-P

"When was the last time you drove an e30 without a smile on your face?"

Comment

this was the first and def last time im going to do business with them. the bumpers were nice but missing hardware and having to go back and fourth to get more hardware is a pain in the ass and i shoulnt have to be spending more money when they say "its a complete kit". its good to know others have had trouble with them. thank you!

Originally posted by will61 View Post
                Bottom line, ECS really sucks. Nice people for the most part but they're just not set up right and it seems like no one there knows enough to get their shit together. I have had wrong parts delivered then couldn't return to them soon enough because they would't do business with me over the counter even though they are local.

Comment

Out of curiosity, have you contacted ECS regarding your issues?
                  Originally posted by Dozyproductions
                  You know why you're drinking that Pabst? No its probably not because it was the first beer you grabbed. It's because you're a winner.

Comment

Working...
                  X