Late production 1988 is bumpers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late production 1988 is bumpers?

Is there a possibility that plastic bumpers were used on a late production 1988 352is?

I have been talking to a guy who has one for sale who claims that the car had these bumpers since new.

Anything is possible but I've never seen an 88 with plastic bumpers from the factory. Probably swapped over or an 89 model. You can easily tell by the small integrated 3rd brake light on the 89.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

My car is a 5/88 production date, it originally came with diving board bumpers.

I have met someone with a 7/88 production car, that came with plastic bumpers when new as well.
      Like Barry has mentioned, the possibility is there.
      @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
        My car is a 5/88 production date, it originally came with diving board bumpers.

I have met someone with a 7/88 production car, that came with plastic bumpers when new as well.
        Like Barry has mentioned, the possibility is there.
        7/88 sounds like an 89 model year to me as that's pretty late in the year. Do you know if it's titled as an 88? My silver M3 was built 5/87 but is an 88 model year. My m tech was built 5/91 but is a 91 model year so I don't think the same rules apply to every model. Then again, there's also M techs produced 7/91, yet titled as 91 model year so it's possible.
        Last edited by reelizmpro; 05-18-2013, 12:24 PM.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I've seen one e30 that was produced in 6/88 that was marketed as an 88 with plastics from factory, or so the owner claimed.

If the planets have aligned on the fifth of November with a full moon, it's possible, but more than likely, unlikely

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
            If the planets have aligned on the fifth of November with a full moon, it's possible, but more than likely, unlikely

New sig ;)
            @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Working...
            X