keeping 88' bumpers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keeping 88' bumpers?

So i have a 88' in great shape. My plans since i got the car was to go plastic bumpers with it. I recently aquired a whole bumper kit from a 90 IS.

Then a friend stops by and points out that 1988's have the late model valences but still have the metal bumpers.

So then i started thinking, well maybe i should leave it metal bumpers because if it was just an 88' thing, then its kinda cool.

But if i put plastic bumpers on it, then its just another late model.

So now im un decided on what i wanna do. The car looks good as is with the metals, and its a 1 year thing.

Anythoughts? what would you do?

Keep it classy, keep it an 88. It's all late model except the bumpers.
    1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
    You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

I love db's for some strange reason. Everyone is so quick to tear them off or tuck them but hey, its part of what our cars are.

Also they are super handy because they protect the hell out of your car. It's a big ol' brush guard from the factory! My 84 318i took many many hits straight to the bumper and I only left with part of the rubber trim missing in the front.

Or euro bumpers....
      Swanny!
      SUCKERS.

Comment

I love 88s! The metal bumpers with the mix of big tails and late valences always attracted me to them. It makes you stand out. I've been looking for an 88 for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by series88 View Post
          I love 88s! The metal bumpers with the mix of big tails and late valences always attracted me to them. It makes you stand out. I've been looking for an 88 for a while.
          Originally posted by Holland View Post
          Keep it classy, keep it an 88. It's all late model except the bumpers.
          Originally posted by Swanny View Post
          I love db's for some strange reason. Everyone is so quick to tear them off or tuck them but hey, its part of what our cars are.

Also they are super handy because they protect the hell out of your car. It's a big ol' brush guard from the factory! My 84 318i took many many hits straight to the bumper and I only left with part of the rubber trim missing in the front.

Or euro bumpers....

And so it stays metal bumpers. THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN lol.

I honestly was thinking i was gonna keep them right after i got the plastic bumper conversion lol.

But i will be using the IS lip. thats for sure.

Comment

meh i swapped my bumpers from metals to plastics, i like the way the plastics look better makes it look a bit more modern
            88 325is Five Speed
            Lachssilber

Comment

Keep the metals! I'm with Swanny on this one; I like the look and the practicality of the aluminum bumpers.
              Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

sorry... ditched the DB on my 88 also... just not a fan... Do what you gotta do though..
                Now with 2.7i power!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaE View Post
                  sorry... ditched the DB on my 88 also... just not a fan... Do what you gotta do though..
                  Ditto
                  98 M3/4/5

Comment

Party poopers.
                    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Belongs to a member on these boards.

1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                      You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

A late model with metal bumpers is the reason I love 88s, no doubt keep the metal bumpers!

Comment

Those pictures sum it all up beautifully holland!
                          Swanny!
                          SUCKERS.

Comment

I vote plastix. '88's got them in the rest of the world...
                            Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

Conformists
                              Swanny!
                              SUCKERS.

Comment

Working...
                              X