Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is the 325is emblem logo secured to trunk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is the 325is emblem logo secured to trunk?

There are plenty of tips to remove the BMW roundel from a car but I couldn't find any write up on how to remove the 325is emblem. There doesnt appear to be nuts behind it like there are for the 2002 so is it simply glued on ???

If so what kind of glue is needed to reinstall it after painting?

Thanks for the info.

Bo

Held by adhesive tape

Comment

Aha, ok then, thank you for that..
      Any idea where I can find adhesive tape that can withstand the elements for the life of the car?
      Bo

Comment

Its glued on, it comes with the emblem. They're not really reusable, but you could use a different glue to stick it back on.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

If you're going to all the trouble (and expense) to respray, just buy new ones. I think I paid something like $50 shipped for them...?
          Originally posted by kronus
          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Not respraying actually. But doing a thorough compound cutting to remove some nasty hard water stain from many years in the driveways.

Comment

use jelly
              I like cats.

Comment

Double sided 3M tape will work. Just apply it to the entire back of the emblem, then trim around the outside with an exacto blade.

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                  If you're going to all the trouble (and expense) to respray, just buy new ones. I think I paid something like $50 shipped for them...?
                  Where did you buy the 325is badge? Or at least the "is" part?
                  '89 BMW 325is Zinnoberrot / '88 VW Jetta GLI 16v Tornado Red / '89 VW Jetta GLI 16v Tornado Red / '89 VW GTI 16v Bright Blue Metallic / '91 BMW 325i Black / '91 BMW 325i Sport Black / '92 VW GTI 16v Black / '92 VW GTI 16v Montana Green / '01 Audi A4 Avant TQM Silver Metallic / '01 VW Jetta GLX VR6 Black

Comment

Thanks guys.

Is double sided 3M tape strong enough to withstand hot sun and multiple washes?

Comment

I have never used it but you could try something like this:

CARPRO Automotive Masking Tape 3 Pack - Cover every inch you need with this variety size pack! CARPRO Automotive Masking Tape is an important tool for any level detailer. Mark off areas that you dont want polished, and stay inside the detailing ...

I have never used it, but supposely it is designed for reattaching moldings etc..

Personally I would just buy a new badge..

Beau
                      1988 BMW 325iS

Comment

Originally posted by Cinnabar325is View Post
                        I think I got mine from either BavAuto or Pelican.
                        1987 325is, S50B30US, Kamei side skirts, Zender Spoiler.
                        MT2 Wheel, 95 M3 Rack, Condor Speed Shop knob, UUC SSK w/ DSSR, Billy Sports/GE Coilovers, KAMotors CAI.

Originally posted by MclubSport
                        Why you have a badge on wheel ? You do not know what car you have? But if you have a mustache, you know better where is your mouth?

Horrible with responding to PMs, I'm so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinnabar325is View Post
                          look up PN on realoem.com, ask blunt for quote, pick up box off porch..
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by Bmachine View Post
                            Thanks guys.

Is double sided 3M tape strong enough to withstand hot sun and multiple washes?
                            Yes, most definitely. It is designed specifically for this application. I've used it to attach door moldings (heavy) on other cars and never had a problem.

Comment

Perfect. Thanks Nitro!

Comment

Working...
                              X