Plate filler delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plate filler delete

This is something I've never read on a forum, people deleting their plate filler...I have an NA filler as well as a euro filler but I think the E30 looks much cleaner with it off....After seeing a fantastic E30 at a BMW shop in Vancouver the other day I noticed it had no filler and loved the clean look so I took mine off today too.

Anybody else agree the rear looks better without a filler, at least on white models?

example (not mine);

I have fillers for my M3's that are still in the wrap. Why? because like you, I don't know if I like the look. I do have startecs on both M3's though, which is the only reason I wanted to run them. If I had stock tails I wouldn't, no matter how euro it is.

However, I do like the facelift filler as it has a shape to it that integrates the tail lights better...IMO.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Send me your plate filler if you don't like it! :D
      IG: @_j.wn

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
        I have fillers for my M3's that are still in the wrap. Why? because like you, I don't know if I like the look. I do have startecs on both M3's though, which is the only reason I wanted to run them. If I had stock tails I wouldn't, no matter how euro it is.

However, I do like the facelift filler as it has a shape to it that integrates the tail lights better...IMO.
        I also like the older style tail lights better for some reason, they also look a little better aesthetically. Is that what you are referring too by startecs? Will M3 tails fit on my 91 318is?

Comment

Originally posted by Gods_Son View Post
          I also like the older style tail lights better for some reason, they also look a little better aesthetically. Is that what you are referring too by startecs? Will M3 tails fit on my 91 318is?

no
          2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
          (Daily Driver)
          Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
          KW V2 Coilovers
          VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Oops, no M3 tails are smaller like the ones in the picture. You have a facelift car so yes I do like the filler for your car for the reasons I stated previously.
            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Working...
            X