Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What options do I have?

It's time to make my E30 look good.

My car is below. It's a 1988 325i Convertible. I don't like the diving boards, I hate those foglights, and my seats suck. Here are my questions.

I posted the same stuff Bimmerforums. I'm still confused as to what I'll have to do to make my E30 look good. Body Kit names(nothing from Reiger or that AV3 crap), and part numbers would be great! And telling me what I have currently would be nice too. Especially the seats and that weird front spoiler thingy, or is it called a valance? I don't even know the difference... And what seats can I use? Any of them heated?

Okie Dokie.

First the seats. Those are just standard e30 vinyl seats. All e30s without the sport seats have those. You should just buy some sport leather seats, or cloth. Even better, well if you go to the track or have lots of money would be to buy some new recaro racing shells, or any racing shell for that matter.

The rear apron/skirt. You can always try the Racing Dynamics one from bavauto.com, or if you want to search and spend a premium go with an AC Schintzer or Zender. They are better IMO.

Euro bumpers for your car, converting to plastic is to much fabrication for the rear, especiallt for those who may not have skill in doing something like that. But euro bumpers can take time and money to get, like the skirt!

Hope that can help. ;)

Comment

I didnt know iC came with seats like that.

Not a bad looking car i must say

Comment

Originally posted by bwanac
        converting to plastic is to much fabrication for the rear, especiallt for those who may not have skill in doing something like that.
        All cabrios have the lower arches... thus plastic bumpers are nearly bolt on for all of them. Simple drilling and making brackets is all thats really needed.
        Tenured Automotive Service Professional - Avid BMW Enthusiast

Vapor Honing & E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
        https://mtechniqueabs.com/

Comment

if you can afford it, go euro bumpers and mtech-1 :)

if you're on a budget, plastic bumpers with a late model front valance plus an aftermarket rear apron would be a good setup.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Well, Jordan knows better than I do. I was just assuming all alum bumper car bodies were the same. Guess not!

Comment

WOW!

Ok, so this is beginning to clear up. But I still have some questions. What does the M-Tech I kit look like, how hard is it to put on and will it cost over 2k? Heated Seats aren't possible? And What is the black my car is called? Diamond Swwrrfgfdsgsca or something?

Thanks guys! I have some direction now!

Comment

Correct me if Im wrong but since your car has the lower arches your going to want to go with an MTech 2 kit, looks awesome and easier (note not easy but easier) to find than an MTech1 kit. Also its called DiamondShwartz, my personal fvorite color on an e30 other than Lachs...

Comment

it's schwarz ;)
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Like Jordan said, he needs the plastic bumpers.

Once you get the plastic bumpers and post-87 valance on there then your cab will look *almost* like a 92. The only thing that will be different is the lack of a rear valance but you can just buy any valance to go under there.

Please do not install the Reiger kit, it looks like the car is wearing a diaper and I think could only look worse on a cabrio (if it could get any worse at all).
                    Im now E30less.
                    sigpic

Comment

BMW M-Technic 1:

My mountains are better than yours.

Comment

For refrence greek I dont think the Mtec1 will fit any cabros after 87 (or any in US since we didnt get 86 ones) because the rear arch is lower than the early cars meaning the euro bumps and rear valance would be too short in the sides.
                        Im now E30less.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X