Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

euro bumper front lower spoiler question

Hello All

I am new to the E30 scene and I have a question. I have a 88 and I want to run the chrome euro spec bumpers, my question is on the front when you use the euro steel valence panel is the lower plastic spoiler the same as the US spec ( the one that I have now) or is it different as well? Thanks to all that will respond. Geoff.

Hey Geoff, usually the 88 already has the late model front and rear valences so you can run the euro bumper, but your SN being 88 ragtop, I have to ask if your car is a convertible, slightly different situation in that case...

Post some pics of the car ..... :)
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

It fits. It is the same. I just did this conversion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

^^ That is sweet.

We have that same vented lower valance / lip, and my understanding is it fits on both the US and Euro metal fascia. I don't know about the 88 Convertible changes, as 2mAn says, but I thought the convertible came stock with that plastic lip.

Comment

The valance is the same size euro vs us. The lip is the same euro vs us. Although there are two different valances and different lips, you'll need the 86-87 setup. Plus with a convertible you'll need the convertible endcaps for the rear bumper.

1992 BMW 325iC
            1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
            1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              Hey Geoff, usually the 88 already has the late model front and rear valences so you can run the euro bumper, but your SN being 88 ragtop, I have to ask if your car is a convertible, slightly different situation in that case...

Post some pics of the car ..... :)
              Yes it is a convertible. I will try to post some pics

Comment

88 verts still have diving board bumpers. So it's almost a direct swap. There is a write up in the DIY section for euro bumper swap. 2mAm has it backwards, euro bumpers are not direct fit for 88+ 2 and 4 doors. Well they'll go on, but there will be a huge gap under the bumpers.

1992 BMW 325iC
                1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Working...
                X