Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diving board tuck with late model valence ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diving board tuck with late model valence ?

Hi all!

I am very excited to recently have picked up a 1987 White E30! She's a beaut with 87k miles on the new m20 engine.

Being 1987 she has the diving board bumpers along with the late model valence.

I wanted to do a diving board tuck and cannot seem to figure out how to remove the bumper with the limited amount of clearance between the bumper and valence. Let alone, how does one remount it due to the already small pre-existing gap.

I can barely fit a socket wrench in through the spacing.

Do I have to remove the valence first before removing the bumper and stops?

I am following this guide for the bumper tuck: http://www.r3vlimited.com/Tech/tuck.htm

PICUTRES:
    Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like merlow1.

Please advise!

Originally posted by Pomkipo View Post
    Hi all!

I am very excited to recently have picked up a 1987 White E30! She's a beaut with 87k miles on the new m20 engine.

Being 1987 she has the diving board bumpers along with the late model valence.

I wanted to do a diving board tuck and cannot seem to figure out how to remove the bumper with the limited amount of clearance between the bumper and valence. Let alone, how does one remount it due to the already small pre-existing gap.

I can barely fit a socket wrench in through the spacing.

Do I have to remove the valence first before removing the bumper and stops?

I am following this guide for the bumper tuck: http://www.r3vlimited.com/Tech/tuck.htm

PICUTRES:
    Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like merlow1.

Please advise!
    go under the bumper and remove the screw/bolt, the whole bumper assembly will be removed

when you look at the first pic comparing the bumper shocks you will see the 2 round tubes that hold the bolt... for reference

Comment

Working...
    X