OEM vs Ebay or rep IS rear wing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OEM vs Ebay or rep IS rear wing

I know that the OEM is gonna be a higher quality, but has anyone gotten one of the ebay or replica IS spoilers? If so what were your thoughts on them or experience with one...
    86' E30 Plenty Slow And kinda Ugly

sigpic

was wondering same for the front spliter and rear spoiler

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I've had an eBay front is lip before. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't perfect. I'd rate them equal if you look at it in a Cost Vs Quality rating. One is obviously cheaper, but the other is obviously better quality/fitment.
      My Garage
      2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
      1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
      1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
      Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Good to know on the front, I made a mistake and wasn’t super clear has anyone had experience with the is trunk spoiler replicas I.E eBay or other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sigpic

Comment

I haven't tried the rear spoiler but my ebay IS lip just showed up last week. Came out of the box looking all twisted. Actually clipped in place very well. I plan on giving it a bit of heat to shape it a little nicer.

Ive run ebay lips on plenty of cars and basically with a little patience and some heat they can fit just as good as oem.
          Last edited by Rossabal; 10-13-2017, 06:10 AM. Reason: Added info

Comment

IS trunk spoilers are pretty easy to come across. why not just get used oem?

if you were talking about an mtech 1 spoiler, that would be another story.
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
              IS trunk spoilers are pretty easy to come across. why not just get used oem?

if you were talking about an mtech 1 spoiler, that would be another story.

Yea can find the trunk spoilers pretty easily. The front how ever. Id rather not pay the 200 bucks for the front lip on a daily that can get tore up if it was a weekend toy like my alpina id do it but not on a daily.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
              1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
              Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
              Mtech 2 turbo restoration
              Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I have went through a couple of 'ebay' lips. One thing I wanted to throw for input is that to make sure to pay attending to PU and PP.

PP is polypropylene. (feels like plastic, breaks like plastic)
                PU is urethane based , therefor going to last much long. (has some flexibility)

Just my cent on ebay lips.
                20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

I've been running (over) an eBay lip on the race car for a awhile, and it has held up surprisingly well.. The first two I ran got destroyed fairly easily, but this 3rd one has held up (knock on wood.)

The rear spoilers are so cheap and easy to find OEM, so I haven't replaced one - only stripped and repainted used.
                  1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                  2016 Ford Flex
                  2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I had bought a used OEM it was hard plastic and it broke on me once it got hit.. then a bought a couple of Ebay ones...

I have bought 2 lip spoiler on ebay.. one was definitely weak/soft.. it came off the first time there was trouble....

the second was $45 and it was of great quality a little bit more "pliable" but sturdy enough compare to the first one I bought.... this one has held on a lot better even getting hit with a semis leftover rocks.... quality is very very good I got to say, the holes area was detailed enough.. the ebay name was a concerned to begin with but I took a chance, it was extremeonlinestore

Comment

Originally posted by e30strokr View Post
                      I had bought a used OEM it was hard plastic and it broke on me once it got hit.. then a bought a couple of Ebay ones...

I have bought 2 spoiler on ebay.. one was definitely weak/soft.. it came off the first time there was trouble....

the second was $45 and it was of great quality a little bit more "pliable" but sturdy enough compare to the first one I bought.... this one has held on a lot better even getting hit with a semis leftover rocks.... quality is very very good I got to say, the holes area was detailed enough.. the ebay name was a concerned to begin with but I took a chance, it was extremeonlinestore

Cool, thank you for the info on both! It helps a lot, for some reason I can not find any oem IS trunk spoilers in Colorado haha maybe people are just hoarding them lol

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X