Late splash guard repair??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late splash guard repair??

What do you all do to repair cracked splash guards? Mine is cracked right in the middle between the a/c compressor and harmonic balancer. I’ve tried using rivets and sheet metal but it still hangs down and dumb looking.
    My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
    I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Uh... replace it with a new one.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

I had never seen one till these couple cars I own currently. and I used to have 10 or 12 e30s so that tells you how much they actually do.

Comment

Yeah, I kind of assume most people just throw them away and not use one at all. I haven’t looked to see if new ones are available, another assumption I am guilty of is thinking they aren’t available anymore.
        My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
        I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

I am not sure. I know my son took it off the white two door I bought him last summer and its still sitting in the garage. he said he gets annoyed when he has to take it on and off to do work so he just leaves it off

Comment

Nascar plastic and zip ties. Stick an appropriately- shaped chunk of plastic
            behind, drill holes to either side, and suture it back together with zip ties.
            You can even thermoform the plastic, if that makes things easier or stronger.

Capital Motorsports 70371-25 - 25' roll of black high density polyethylene plastic 22" wide x 25' long .070" thick.

t
            now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
            X