Maintaining carbon fiber pieces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maintaining carbon fiber pieces

Does gelcoated, un-painted CF need any special care to make the gelcoat last? Are there special waxing products or can I polish and wax it just like a normal body panel? Just want to make sure the gelcoat doesn't dry up and crack in 6 months...

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

my buddy has an unpainted CF hood that has been on his car for about 2yrs, he waxes it with regular meguirs cleaner/wax like every 2 weeks, still looks new.
    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
      Does gelcoated, un-painted CF need any special care to make the gelcoat last? Are there special waxing products or can I polish and wax it just like a normal body panel? Just want to make sure the gelcoat doesn't dry up and crack in 6 months...
      I would think you would give it the same kind of treatment/care that you would with gelcoated fiberglass parts. I would just look for those types of products.

Comment

Regular wax has always been the advice given to me. Nothing special for gel coat or fiberglass, just waxing it as a normal hood.
        sigpic

Comment

If you do want to use gelcoat stuff, best place to get it is a spa/hottub place. They sell all that stuff and most is made to withstand the heat and chemicals so it is tough.

We used to go there to get a gelcoat spray cleaner for our boat before we sold it.

Comment

Working...
          X