Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Options on new valance/lip

Hey there,

I've tried searching without the desired results. I am looking to buy a new valance/lip/bumper. I was in an accident which took out my fender/bumper/valance. The fender was replaced, the bumper has been replaced, and I was able to bend the valance (relatively) back into place. I've decided however that I'd like to replace it with new.

I'd like to get opinions on new bumpers/valances/lips. It'd be nice if I could just replace teh valance with one peice, but I will buy a new valance + lip if needed. I'm trying to be cost effective. I'm also having a tough time finding places that sell the parts, besides BavAuto.com.

If you folks could post lips/kits that you think work best on the e30, I'd apperciate it. Pictures help, and so do links to where I can buy them.

Thanks a ton,
    -Santi
    1991 BMW E30 318i sedan
    2005 Kawasaki 636cc ZX6-R

PNWRiders.com

early or late model?
    ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Late model. I own a '91 318i sedan. Front bumper should be similar to all other 89-91 besides convertible...
      1991 BMW E30 318i sedan

PNWRiders.com

Comment

Don't overload the server with all the responses, guys.
        1991 BMW E30 318i sedan

PNWRiders.com

Comment

I like the stock valence and rieger lip . Or get nuts and get an evo lip:p
          I love some big cow killing lips.
          90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

Comment

Do you happen to have pictures of these lips or links to sites that sell them?
            1991 BMW E30 318i sedan

PNWRiders.com

Comment

Originally posted by Spec View Post
              Do you happen to have pictures of these lips or links to sites that sell them?
              abrahams motorsport sells the real reiger lips... I'm not sure on the IS lip.
              90is, longtube headers/straight pipe/mark d 18# 93 0ctane chip/18# injectors/vogtland springs/bilst. sports

:firehop:

Comment

Does anyone make/sell a one piece plasic vlalance/lip or even a plastic bumper/vlalance/lip?

Comment

thats actually a really good question. im in the same boat. id just be worried about breaking it if it was 1 piece.
                  Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanGillan View Post
                    thats actually a really good question. im in the same boat. id just be worried about breaking it if it was 1 piece.
                    i think you'd be ok as long as you stay away from fiberglass.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002maniac View Post
                      i think you'd be ok as long as you stay away from fiberglass.
                      The fiberglass Rieger Infinity replica that Eurostyle sells is 100x stronger than the authentic ABS plastic one.

Comment

Huh?
                        Originally posted by Eurospeed View Post
                        The fiberglass Rieger Infinity replica that Eurostyle sells is 100x stronger than the authentic ABS plastic one.
                        Mel Abrahams
                        Abrahams Motorsport
                        www.abrahamsmotorsport.com
                        E-mail:sales@abrahamsmotorsport.com
                        PayPal to:
                        order@abrahamsmotorsport.com
                        If you do not have a PayPal account, please call our office.
                        Buy with confidence, serving the E30 community for over 14 years
                        Phone:727-992-0288
                        Fax:727-868-6373

Comment

a proper fibreglass job will be hundreds of times stronger than ABS plastic, it's just britle compared to ABS, therefore depending on situation breaks easier.

Comment

Originally posted by BMWE34M5 View Post
                            Huh?
                            Jordan had both an authentic Rieger and one of the Eurostyle replicas on his E30. The ABS Rieger lip broke on him on more than one occasion, and he finally ended up reinforcing the backside with fiberglass to keep it from breaking. He gave it to Kristin to put on her E30 after he fixed it again, and she bumped a curb with it and it exploded. He bought one of the Eurostyle replicas (I've seen pics of this), and could literally grab both ends and TWIST it like a Red Vine almost 360 degrees back onto itself. The Rieger would explode if you tried that.

This is Filip (Eurostyle) twisting one of the fiberglass replica Infinity lips:

I'd love to see you try that with the Rieger ABS plastic lip. :up:
                            Last edited by Jand3rson; 11-06-2006, 07:21 PM.

Comment

interesting. I would expect fiberglass to be more brittle and damage prone. I know my stock IS lip has gone through hell x 20 and it is still fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X