Options on new valance/lip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2002maniac View Post
    interesting. I would expect fiberglass to be more brittle and damage prone. I know my stock IS lip has gone through hell x 20 and it is still fine.
    I was talking to Jordan about it earlier, actually. It's not just run-of-the-mill fiberglass, it's some kind of wierd fiberglass hybrid compund, he said that even the guy that did his bodywork had never seen it before. Super flexible and super strong. And for $150 (+ shipping), it's way cheaper than a Rieger!

Comment

I have a Eurostyle IS lip (see sig) and will attest that it is super strong. It is very flexible, and the quality is superb especially compared to some fiberglass I have seen. That pic above is no joke, I tried it on mine and it does flex like that without a problem.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed View Post
        Jordan had both an authentic Rieger and one of the Eurostyle replicas on his E30. The ABS Rieger lip broke on him on more than one occasion, and he finally ended up reinforcing the backside with fiberglass to keep it from breaking. He gave it to Kristin to put on her E30 after he fixed it again, and she bumped a curb with it and it exploded. He bought one of the Eurostyle replicas (I've seen pics of this), and could literally grab both ends and TWIST it like a Red Vine almost 360 degrees back onto itself. The Rieger would explode if you tried that.

This is Filip (Eurostyle) twisting one of the fiberglass replica Infinity lips:

I'd love to see you try that with the Rieger ABS plastic lip. :up:
        I think I need to get one of these.. my faux lip isn't completely broken, just cracked, but I'm not sure it's really worth the effort of fixing and wasting $50 worth of paint on it..
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I'm buying one next week, when I get my fat bonus check from work. :up:

Comment

i'd go back to what you had. i've recently been gathering parts to convert my 87 convertible to plastics and i've just been searching the classifieds for body parts. you can find valences and bumpers now and again for 200 or so in fair condition. i saw and pic in the abraham motorsport site and it sold me for the way i wanted to go with my ride. plain is front valence with a rieger infinity front lip. thats it. good luck with your search.

Comment

Willy,
              will sell my plastic rear bumper minus rear apron for like 100 + shipping, that includes bumper shocks, side brackets and side markers.

let me know, I'm in no rush, but did pick up another zinno to replace it with, only difference is that clear coat did not bubble off driver side., otherwise in great shape.

Comment

thanks frank but i picked up the bumpers already was looking for ideas for an apron though. btw what's a zinno?
                willy

Comment

Originally posted by willy View Post
                  btw what's a zinno?
                  Zinnoberrot. It's an E30 color, German for Cinnamon Red.

Comment

I can attest for Filip / Eurostyle's stuff being both super-flexible, and top-knotch quality.
                    Last edited by Jand3rson; 12-05-2006, 10:08 PM.
                    Sold my Sepang Bronze 1990 325is and miss it already

Comment

I'm ordering one tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed View Post
                        I'm ordering one tomorrow.
                        one of the few GOOD things of being in Upstate NY: I got to meet him and go get it in a 3hr drive ;)
                        Sold my Sepang Bronze 1990 325is and miss it already

Comment

Working...
                        X