Removing The Sunroof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing The Sunroof

How do I remove the liner-thing under the sunroof?

And then, how do I remove the sunroof?

Mine is rusted - need to replace the panel.

oh god i tried this i cant figure out how in gods name to put back the liner. :x

6-8 t25 hex screws are on the sides of the sunroof rails. (in all as in one side will have 3 and the other will have 3)

Open the sunroof so that back sticks up and push the liner up so you see the tracks now get a light and take a peek on the side of the sunroof tracks if your looking at it right you should see 3 Hex screws.

Be careful and do not apply to much force or what on it as you may end up stripping them out wich in your case might just happen. They screws will just start spinning in the hole and thats it so be careful.

Goodluck!
    Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Super Eta
      oh god i tried this i cant figure out how in gods name to put back the liner. :x

6-8 t25 hex screws are on the sides of the sunroof rails. (in all as in one side will have 3 and the other will have 3)

Open the sunroof so that back sticks up and push the liner up so you see the tracks now get a light and take a peek on the side of the sunroof tracks if your looking at it right you should see 3 Hex screws.

Be careful and do not apply to much force or what on it as you may end up stripping them out wich in your case might just happen. They screws will just start spinning in the hole and thats it so be careful.

Goodluck!
      Ryan
      I think I see the screws you're talkin' about ---- so you say just undo those screws, and the sunroof panel will lift right out of the car, basically?

Gonna hafta go get some hexdrivers.

Comment

open the sunroof half way, pull the front of the sunroof headliner down and it will unclip from the sunroof panel. Then you can close the sunroof and slide the headliner all the way back as if the sunroof were open to do your work. hth :)

Comment

Yep pretty much. Just put my post and bryson's together and it will be out in a snap. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Bryson
            open the sunroof half way, pull the front of the sunroof headliner down and it will unclip from the sunroof panel. Then you can close the sunroof and slide the headliner all the way back as if the sunroof were open to do your work. hth :)
            So you're saying open it halfway, as in, slide it back into the roof of the car? As opposed to lifting the sunroof up out of the roof halfway.

Cool. I'll go try that.

Cheers dudes!!

Comment

Working...
            X