Rolling fenders when not on car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rolling fenders when not on car?

Ok I got some fenders today to replace my dented and screwed up fenders. And want to roll them to prevent the tires from killing them like they did the old ones.
    So what's the best method to use with them off the car? I know a base ball bat works, but what should I rest the fender on not as to dent the fender while rolling?
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

i think the eaiest way is to just mount it and do it on the car.
    FOKAI DA'MA'SHI'I ENSANE GRAPPING INT.

Comment

I would think it would be really hard to do them off the car.

I have a friend that's done it flawlessly on tons of cars, he's going to do mine for me when I get it.

Comment

Only problem is the car is to low to get a base ball bat between the tires and fender, so I'll have to jack them up. Plus it will take a while to try to get them lined up straight and I don't want to kill the lips in the mean time.

Comment

I think anybody that has rubbing problems wouldn't be able to fit a bat in there without jacking it up :) Thats how I have done it when I have rolled fenders. And its on cars like mine and Robby's where not even 1 finger fits between the fender and tire.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

ok I'm probally going to go work on pulling and fitting the fenders now.

Comment

english wheel

http://www.westwerksauto.com

Comment

Ok fenders are on and Rolled Just used the bat, Driver's went great but on the passenger the paint chiped very lightly on the lip but nothing visable.

Comment

Use a hair dryer when you do it.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

To late now, I knew I needed the hair driver but I just drove the car in the hot sun for over and hour the driver's side was in the sun and the paint was very hot to the touch. I was in to much of a hurry as I had already cuaght the fender once in under the 2 hours the new fenders were on.

Comment

hair dryer takes forever, use a heat gun. I know you just finished yours, but for future reference, you can do it easily with clamps while its off the car...you just have to be careful, and obviously pad between the metal.

Personally my favorite is pulling fenders, but it's a little less common, and much more expensive than just buying a bat.

Comment

Working...
                      X