give me your opinion on this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

give me your opinion on this

I have an 89 325i and I am tired of the front valance. I was thinking of just getting a Rieger lip to add on but I also thought about trying something else. How do you think it looks with the older style IS spoiler with the plastic bumpers? I was also thinking of adding a splitter.
    How could I mount this spoiler to my plastic bumper set up?

sigpic

Not bad ...
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

thats the older style ES spoiler, not the IS. I'm not a big fan, but whatever floats your boat.

Comment

I'm with LikeCDoos on this. Its definitly different so I say, Go for it. Very unique and you'd be the first to pull it off. :up:
        Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

My question is what is under the NACA duct?
          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I think it looks okay (maybe add a splitter), but the foglights for that valance are ghastly.. maybe use the holes for brake ducts or something.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3
              That picture is not my car so I don't know.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nando
                I think it looks okay (maybe add a splitter), but the foglights for that valance are ghastly.. maybe use the holes for brake ducts or something.
                I was thinking of adding either a stock "i" lip, the small plastic one, or a splitter. I wasn't going to put in foglights because I don't ever use them anyway. I'm still not convinced on doing this though.
                sigpic

Comment

I think that looks fucking awesome! :up:

Comment

Originally posted by LikeCDoos
                    I'm not a big fan, but whatever floats your boat.
                    Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                    EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                    FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                    NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                    Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                    ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Originally posted by trashcop 80s 80s
                      Originally posted by M-technik-3
                      That picture is not my car so I don't know.
                      Why you teasing me then?
                      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

:up: esspecially if u could pull of some sort of cool brake cooling vent and add some kinda lip.

o and u might want an IS spoiler so u have the oil cooler ducts.
                        98 M3/4/5

Comment

Id like to know how the hell he got that on there. Good luck is all I can say. Tried it, been there, and obviously not too many people have done it.

Okay here is the rundown: If you want to do it you need to eliminate the front valance altogether. This is tough to do since the section under the grills is part of the valance. You could potentially chop the lower portion of it away and keep that section under the grill attatched. The reason you ask, The foglight buckets on the eS/iS spoilers does not allow the spoiler to recess behind the plastic bumper. (and this is the older style front piece were talking about not the new style that sticks out about an inch). When you try and fit the spoiler it will stick out about an inch. It should either stay flush with the bumper or sit in about an inch to look good. If you can get rid of the metal that causes the interference with the fog lights it may be possible.

Some more downers: you will need to custom fabricate some mounting materials, as you cannot use the mounting brackets from the original spoiler since youve made so many modifications to the valance to get it to sit back far enough. It is probable that you should fasten the spoiler to the bottom of the bumper. But that does not give you enough support on the bottom/sides, so brackets will need to be made. And if thats not enough, when it goes in far enough, it will stick into your wheel well by about an inch which means that would need to be trimmed off and re-formed which is a PITA beacuse the spoiler has a contour there.

If you can do it, or find someone who can do it and get all of these issues correct I commend you. I wish I had the time and patients to figure it out but I took the easy way out. I'll give you a link to an ebay auction that some guy had done this too, maybe you can talk to him and find out how he did it.

Old and improved:

Comment

Damn I should of kept the black Is early spoiler I had now I never even thought of mounting it under the bumper.
                            85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Looking at this picture definitely makes me want to do it. Just needs a splitter.

EtaSport: Do you think if I didn't use fog lights that there would be anything blocking it? I don't think I will have trouble with mounting it and I'm sure it would be pretty easy to trim that excess on the side.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X