No announcement yet.

give me your opinion on this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I tell you what.. And I thought about it but didnt have the guts to try it.. I think that if you cut the portion of the light bucket that receses into the spoiler out, I think you will gain enough clearance to do it without modifying the metal valance. Perhaps cover the fog light holes or something, fill them in since it probably wouldnt look quite right with the back portion chopped off. You may want to find a old style valance though. Here is why: my valance has holes in it so that the air scoops of the iS spoiler actually fit inside of them. Might make it easier on you.

Try looking for and old or slightly damaged spoiler that you can fix easily but would be able to throw away if something went wrong. Id hate for you to get a mint piece and then something didnt work right. I say go for it. I thought it would look pretty hot if done right. Good luck let me know how it goes. And if you would like that valance let me know.. its available cheap...
    Old and improved:

Comment

i have an 87is valence thats kinda beat up that i would sell for cheep if someone really wants to do this... drop me a pm
      e30sport.net
      '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
      '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
      '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

it looks pretty good.

about changing the foglights into brake ducts. it wouldnt be that hard. just get something to "channel" the air over there. theres a guy in boone that does it for e21's alot. im gonna go to him.
        173rd ABN

Comment

I'v been thinking about doing this for awhile, but was just unsure how it would look, or how much modifications would be needed. So much for being unique I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by BeirBrennerE30
            i have an 87is valence thats kinda beat up that i would sell for cheep if someone really wants to do this... drop me a pm

Ditto, its messed up but it would be good for you to pratice on, or get your trimming down pat.
            -Jetta GLi

Comment

i think it looks pretty good... but do not put the stock fog lights in..... they dont look good

http://www.westwerksauto.com

Comment

Working...
              X