X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tri-Rear Strut Bar

What do you guys think about this:

-gsbadbmr

For $65, I feel its a good buy but I bought a bar like the ones Eric Lukas sells for the same amount. $48.00 As a Auction it can always go up on price. Just watch it till the end maybe no one will bid on it. You can get it for opening price. Or call the dealer.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Well, i guess i will be the first to have it on my car. It is apparently VERY solid, and is supposed to make a noticeable difference (unlike hinged bars), especially if you have the Sparco front strut brace (non-hinged). I spoke to the owner of the shop, and i am meeting with him this weekend while i am on vacation to pick one up!

-gsbadbmr

Comment

There isn't much stress on that point to begin with, unless you have a true rear coilover setup.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

It's nice that is also bolts to the trunk floor. But these are really not needed on a E30, the towers do not get side loaded, like the front, the rear gets up & down forces. About the only thing that is good, is to add a ring around the top of the mount to help with the shock pull down force. That is where most of the stress is, shock rebound.

Then the shock tower has NOTHING to do with the rear wheel, it will NOT change suspension geometry. On the front if the strut tower moves, the suspension changes, not so in the rear. If you really want to brace something in the rear, get some trailing arm reinforcements and some stiffer subframe mounts.

Comment

Final price was to much in my opinion.
            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

especially since its mostly an asthetic mod.

Im in agreeance that the money could be better spent on subframe mounts.
              Im now E30less.
              sigpic

Comment

Well, i just got back from vacation, and i met with the owner of cp racing and he gave me a SWEET deal on the bar :D . It is VERY well made, and i can't wait to install it in my car!!!

Comment

Working...
                X