Fender flare options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fender flare options

Well, after spending all night/morning sifting through forums and the internet at large I've realized that I'm deeply dissatisfied with the fender flare options available for the e30. I have IE fender flares currently installed on the car and am none too happy with their fitment. BMP no longer has the molds to their flares but they appear to be much the same as IEs. I've been told that e46 flares could be used but have no idea where to start. The only other viable option I've come across has been Eurostops e30 m3 styled fender flares but they cost a grip (~1500ish for a set).

My question to you e30 gurus: do I have any other options besides having a metal set made specifically for me? if not how much could I expect fab work like that to cost?

I'm planning to do this this winter. It'll be a DIY project.....I performed a sledge hammer flare job on my old autox camaro to fit 335 tires....My only experience with flaring....Take your time and it'll come out fine. It's your only option. Beleive me I've looked into this!!
    sigpic

88 325is

Comment

When I was active on the e28 forum,there was talk of painting ebay chrome fender flares body color.Not a bad option,only problem was the prospect of peeling paint.

http://www.arghon.com/

Comment

Originally posted by boomer View Post
        When I was active on the e28 forum,there was talk of painting ebay chrome fender flares body color.Not a bad option,only problem was the prospect of peeling paint.

I think the OP is after something to fit larger wheels/tires under his car rather than some vanity part painted body color that has no function at all... :D

Comment

Originally posted by atomic View Post
          I think the OP is after something to fit larger wheels/tires under his car rather than some vanity part painted body color that has no function at all... :D
          You win :D

I have an e36 five lug swap and I'm looking to be able to fit a set of staggered m-systems. I want to run 245/40s in the rear and 225 40s up front.

Comment

Get the offset right, and they should fit. I'm not quite sure if that's possible with your setup, though. 245s are tight, but I've seen it before with rolled and slightly pulled fenders.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Get E46 330 front fenders (4 of them) and cut the arches out and graft them in place of the original fender arches. Allows you to fit MUCH larger tires.
              My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
              There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

^^ or better yet grab some e46 m3 front fenders
                harry/harout

Comment

Originally posted by PiercedE30 View Post
                  Get E46 330 front fenders (4 of them) and cut the arches out and graft them in place of the original fender arches. Allows you to fit MUCH larger tires.
                  Interesting concept. Do you have photos of their execution?

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                  RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Lemme see what I can dig up.
                    My 2.9L Build!

There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

I know there was a guy on here that did it and was able to fit insanely large rubber, but I can't find that thread.
                      Here are some pictures of the fronts done on an E36:

My 2.9L Build!

Comment

Never mind, those are grafted E46 M3 front fenders.
                        Here are some 330's:

My 2.9L Build!

Comment

Originally posted by PiercedE30 View Post
                          Never mind, those are grafted E46 M3 front fenders.
                          Here are some 330's:

Wow the possibilities!!! :twisted:
                          Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

how the shit did he kick out the rear end with that much rubber on there...LOL
                            IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

ls1 ftw
                              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Working...
                              X