Eurostop replica M-Tech 1 rear apron. Trying one for the team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eurostop replica M-Tech 1 rear apron. Trying one for the team

READ THE WHOLE THREAD, SPECIFICALLY STARTING AT POST 64, BEFORE CREATING ANY OPINIONS ABOUT THE PRODUCT.

Just placed an order for the rear apron. I talked to the guys today and he said he wants to remake the mold and will get it heading my way in a couple weeks.
    I'll test fit it and take some pictures when I get it. We'll see how well it fits and if it can be mounted with little modification.
    Here's hoping!
    Last edited by netcsk; 02-21-2009, 08:49 PM.

Good luck!
    cars beep boop

Comment

this guy makes some quality shit - I have no doubts you'll be happy with it. my mtech2 rear apron literally snapped in place, all I had to do was prep it for paint. then it fell off on the freeway on my way to work, doh! oh well. :p
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

fell off?! That blows. I'll be securing mine a little more stable ;).

Comment

Awesome!!! please take some good pictures! I've yet to order a set for my 318i, maybe next month. How much was s/h?
          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

$90 for shipping. It shows up when you click the buy button on the site.

I held off on the front for now because I'm really afraid about having fiberglass on the front where I could hit crap. I'm hoping to find a decent OEM one at some point. They pop up quite a bit more than the rears for whatever reason.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
              this guy makes some quality shit - I have no doubts you'll be happy with it. my mtech2 rear apron literally snapped in place, all I had to do was prep it for paint. then it fell off on the freeway on my way to work, doh! oh well. :p
              i didnt know eurostop made tech2 pieces...i think yer mixing them up with some1 else, eurostyle i thnk...
              IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
                i didnt know eurostop made tech2 pieces...i think yer mixing them up with some1 else, eurostyle i thnk...
                oh shit, you're right. lol. big difference!
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I just got Eurostop's M-tech 2 rear piece. It's the apron only though.

- Erick
                  Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                  EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                  FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                  NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                  Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                  ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Originally posted by netcsk View Post
                    $90 for shipping. It shows up when you click the buy button on the site.

I held off on the front for now because I'm really afraid about having fiberglass on the front where I could hit crap. I'm hoping to find a decent OEM one at some point. They pop up quite a bit more than the rears for whatever reason.
                    Yeah, front needs all the hardware for mounting that you still have to source :(

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                      Yeah, front needs all the hardware for mounting that you still have to source :(
                      What hardware do you mean? Just the bolts and such or does it need a metal valance under it or something?

Comment

Got an email saying that it shipped. I'll let you guys know in a couple weeks how it looks (its not coming here, its going to where I work on my car).

Comment

From what I read you need the front metal euro valance .

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                            my mtech2 rear apron literally snapped in place, all I had to do was prep it for paint. then it fell off on the freeway on my way to work, doh! oh well. :p
                            no---nooo....
                            so, is the next one going in w/safety chains...or at least 1 drop of super-glue

my rear apron is on w/the original 10mm bolts and 2 truck-camper clamps under the rear end, its no-going-no-where-no-time...but its not any mtech (1 or 2) although i wish it was.

do we have any pix on the current apron at hand. (on the car)

</div>
                            3 pedal club
                            200,k+ club
                            cabrio club
                            port-matched- polished- purring www.BMWpark.org

</div>

linux since 1999

Comment

Originally posted by idanity View Post
                              no---nooo....
                              so, is the next one going in w/safety chains...or at least 1 drop of super-glue

my rear apron is on w/the original 10mm bolts and 2 truck-camper clamps under the rear end, its no-going-no-where-no-time...but its not any mtech (1 or 2) although i wish it was.

do we have any pix on the current apron at hand. (on the car)

</div>
                              currently it's stock, it pissed me off at first but I got over it. I liked it but at the same time it kinda made it look like it was wearing a diaper.. like those E36 bumpers people try to run.
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                              X