Regarding heating/molding bumper cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding heating/molding bumper cover

I'm not exactly sure the proper procedure for doing this. my bmp rs-1 cover has a gay warp right under the grille and it's so pronounced you can see the valence bolts under the nose panel. stupid unsupported flexy urethane shit...anyway I would REALLY like to get rid of this. what does going about this entail? i was hoping it wasn't anything more than grabbing a heatgun and going at it for a while until it got warm enough to flex. as soon as i get this taken care of i'll post pics of my car, but until then it's just way too embarassing. thanks in advance.
    I retired my E30 for now...
    E46 323i
    David Schultz

Re: Regarding heating/molding bumper cover

Originally posted by DSchultz325e
    I'm not exactly sure the proper procedure for doing this. my bmp rs-1 cover has a gay warp right under the grille and it's so pronounced you can see the valence bolts under the nose panel. stupid unsupported flexy urethane shit...anyway I would REALLY like to get rid of this. what does going about this entail? i was hoping it wasn't anything more than grabbing a heatgun and going at it for a while until it got warm enough to flex. as soon as i get this taken care of i'll post pics of my car, but until then it's just way too embarassing. thanks in advance.
    You could start by getting rid of the RS-1 kit.

If you absolutely HAVE to have it fit right, take it to a professional.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

Re: Regarding heating/molding bumper cover

Honestly, I think that if you heat it up and try to flex it you might end up making it worse. Bring it in to some local body shops and see if they can help you out.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

the body shop was going to be my last resort. the car is gonna be resprayed this winter, so it will be in the bodyshop anyway. I just wanted to see if anyone knew about it so i could attempt it and possibly have it turn out all right before i take it to get painted. the key here is i'm looking to not also get charged for body work, if at all possible. stupid bmp shit.
        E46 323i
        David Schultz

Comment

stupid bmp shit.
          8)

Comment

well, i did it. after about 30 minutes with a heatgun and an hour cooling period, the warp is no more. looks a BILLION times better. hopefully this piece of shit doesn't warp back into place...now all i have to do is figure out where the usb cable for the camera is...
            E46 323i
            David Schultz

Comment

Working...
            X