Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DAS Sport/ CDOC M3 front bumper.. finished! Pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alex Mc
    Originally posted by ///M42 sport
    so only the hood and bumper are cf?
    Yes, as will be the rest of the parts (except the mirrors, which are injection-molded plastic). The CF is finished with a gelcoat, not an exposed weave. An exposed weave is purely aesthetic and would nearly double (or more) the cost of the parts if they were produced that way.
    I take it your going to make CF fenders and decklids too. If so will these bolt on to the original patterns? Also, since the grp buys for cf hoods and fenders are from $400-$600 does that mean that your pricing will be aprox. half that? Keep us posted, thanks.
    ________
    EXPERT INSURANCE
    Last edited by ///M42 sport; 04-30-2011, 04:16 PM.
    Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
    http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Mc
      so only the hood and bumper are cf?
      Yes, as will be the rest of the parts (except the mirrors, which are injection-molded plastic). The CF is finished with a gelcoat, not an exposed weave. An exposed weave is purely aesthetic and would nearly double (or more) the cost of the parts if they were produced that way.
      I take it your going to make CF fenders and decklids too. If so will these bolt on to the original patterns? Also, since the grp buys for cf hoods and fenders are from $400-$600 does that mean that your pricing will be aprox. half that? Keep us posted, thanks.
      There are no plans for CF fenders from DAS Sport, however, depending on cash inflows I may acquire a set from an alternate supplier for my M3.

Pricing has not been set on the hoods yet, but one thing is very clear in the CF world. That is, you get what you pay for. The DAS hood will be a FLAWLESS fit.. i have yet to see any of these VIS hoods, etc come close to fitting perfectly.
      Current: Brilliantrot '91 318is M20B25
      Former: '88 M3 3.2L, '91 318is 2.0L, '90 318i, '85 325e 2.8L, '84 318i 2.0L, '84 318i, '90 325is
      wamchenry@gmail.com
      insta: @simple_machines

Comment

Nice. I assume there will be a matching bumper-grooveless rear bumper as well?

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
          Nice. I assume there will be a matching bumper-grooveless rear bumper as well?
          Absolutely. I proposed some pretty trick designs for the rear, which were well-received. I'll be talking with Colin in the next week to work out the final design. Like the front, it won't be a drastic derivation from stock, but will certainly stand out. In addition, the diffuser will add some flare and aggressiveness.
          Former: '88 M3 3.2L, '91 318is 2.0L, '90 318i, '85 325e 2.8L, '84 318i 2.0L, '84 318i, '90 325is
          wamchenry@gmail.com

Comment

wow looks amazing... the work is flawless.... i cant wait to see in completed!!!!

do you think they would be interested in doing some e30 non-m work???... i got some bumper/airdam ideas.....
            e30sport.net
            '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
            '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
            '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

Originally posted by BeirBrennerE30
              wow looks amazing... the work is flawless.... i cant wait to see in completed!!!!

do you think they would be interested in doing some e30 non-m work???... i got some bumper/airdam ideas.....
              I doubt it simply because it would require a lot more engineering due to the impact bar being the bumper on earlier models. Demand is not as high, and people are not willing to pay the prices.. they would convert to an M3 bumper typically.
              [/i]
              wamchenry@gmail.com

Comment

that sux.... i dont want an m3 bumper... id like a midified 87is airdam bumper combo... oh well when i have the money ill ask around
                e30sport.net
                '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
                '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
                '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

Working...
                X