Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another one of those caliper color question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another one of those caliper color question!

so after spending about a week and close to 5 different cleaning products i got my dad's chrome rims to shine again! it sat unused since he totaled his E30 some years ago (5-6ish). So i put them on and they look amazing on my car (1989 325i). i drive to school and my friends gather around and tell me how much they love my car (b4 the rims they hated on it) then one of them starts dissing the caliper cuz it is all dirty and really hideous compared to shiny chrome lmao.

my question is what product should i use to clean it? and im thinking it of painting it after i get it cleaned.

also considering the age of the car would it be better just to get a new set of calipers?

Now to the main question what color goes with alpine white and looks great behind chrome? (what kind of paint should be used?) any suggestions or help is welcomed! thanks in advance.

oh i kno i need a drop, i just need to save up the money!
    Attached Files

Use caliper paint from the auto store and paint them black..

Comment

Originally posted by e30this View Post
      Use caliper paint from the auto store and paint them black..
      Scott
      sigpic

Comment

Paint them black or maybe a silver/aluminum color. It looks funny when you paint stock brakes bright colors. It's kind of like you're showing off that your brakes are stock.

Erik

Comment

i want to do mine red, but the only colors on my car are black and red....

i would say go black, with chrome wheels and an alpine body, andy other color might look bad. unless youre TJ and get a theme goin...
          Originally posted by kronus
          pff, all of you are slow as hell anyway. Eta > all

Comment

Really, like the guys said above-- silver, black and rust are the only colors that look right on E30 calipers. The rest just dont look like they belong at all. I wouldnt want to bring attention to the measly stock 4-lug calipers anyway.

Comment

yell me about it my car came with the calipers painted blue (wtf) i really need to get around to painting them... worse still is that the whole engine block and valve cover are painted blue too, it really makes me wonder about some people's taste. I mean seriously how the fuck could you ever think that looks good? i say black is the only color to paint calipers and engines period.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

You could fit an extended family of mexican immigrants in that fender gap.

You should have used the money you saved up for those god-awful wheels to lower that monster truck first. That ride height is so full of fail it's sinking into the concrete.

:D

Comment

^maybe a little harsh haha, but yeah I painted my calipers red and in my opinion they look cool, but my car's lowered and has borbets rather than pimp chrome so I would stick to black caliper paint in your case, red might be a little to flashy/rice. But the choice it yours

Comment

yea thxs guys, guess black it is.

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
                    You could fit an extended family of mexican immigrants in that fender gap.

You should have used the money you saved up for those god-awful wheels to lower that monster truck first. That ride height is so full of fail it's sinking into the concrete.

:D
                    haha yea a bit harsh but i can handle it. didnt buy the wheels they free from dad's previous E30 and they were quite the upgrade from the previous ones!

Comment

Black or silver all the way. My car had gold on it when I got it, but it actually looked okay. They are black now though.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by 4n8only View Post
                        yea thxs guys, guess black it is.

haha yea a bit harsh but i can handle it. didnt buy the wheels they free from dad's previous E30 and they were quite the upgrade from the previous ones!
                        I dont know about that... I would prefer bottle caps over those wheels :P seriously... they look wack

Comment

need a spoiler and side skirts and your set... also next time take the pic with the car facing down the hill!

1986 325es (69k) Garage Queen Buy It Now 10k;1986 325es (track rat) 2.7i How-To & 1.1/1.3Motronic UpGrade
                          1991 318is (daily driver) 1991 318is M42 Maintenance How-To;1989 325i (parts car)

Comment

A newb that can take a joke?

Omgz

Comment

Looks like you have a clean e30. I agree with J. comment about your wheel gaps. Your car needs to be lowered some. I think black would look good with the color of your car.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X