Walter tool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walter tool?

Anyone know about these Walter stamped tools that were made in west Germany. I always see the Heyco ones but don’t know about this brand it also has bmw stamped on it Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DunDeal07; 04-23-2020, 10:44 AM.

Different companies supplied the 'factory' tools over the decades, so that's not too shocking.

That said, I don't recall seeing "Walter" as a manufacturer. But I don't look too carefully.
    The tool kits are one of the more interesting- and random- things in BMWs-
    for example, I always thought the plastic- ended alignment tool was just missing in the
    E46's I've owned. But it turns out, they stopped putting it in even though there's a
    gap for it in the kit.

And how did they choose the size combos of the wrenches? The E39 has some unique
    wrenches, even though it's got the same fasteners as the E36 and E46.

t
    never really understood German thought patterns...
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
      Different companies supplied the 'factory' tools over the decades, so that's not too shocking. That said, I don't recall seeing "Walter" as a manufacturer. But I don't look too carefully. The tool kits are one of the more interesting- and random- things in BMWs- for example, I always thought the plastic- ended alignment tool was just missing in the E46's I've owned. But it turns out, they stopped putting it in even though there's a gap for it in the kit. And how did they choose the size combos of the wrenches? The E39 has some unique wrenches, even though it's got the same fasteners as the E36 and E46. t never really understood German thought patterns...
      It came with my car when I first purchased it. I have had 2 e46’s and they were all hayco. This just goes with what you said that it’s BMW they do things to keep people on their toes. I’m guessing the wow factor is the fact that it’s made in west Germany and it’s not a hayco. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, I went out and looked the other day- 95% is Heyco, but I do have 4 or 5 Walter wrenches. I had no idea... They look nicer than the Heyco.

t
        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
          Well, I went out and looked the other day- 95% is Heyco, but I do have 4 or 5 Walter wrenches. I had no idea... They look nicer than the Heyco.

t
          You are correct they seem to be much better quality. I have been searching for more info but can't really find any. Thanks for looking.

Comment

Working...
          X