Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacing Door Handle Driver Side Convertible - Help Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing Door Handle Driver Side Convertible - Help Please!

My door opening handle mechanism broke recently. I bought a new one but I really am having trouble getting it into the opening for it.

On all the tutorials I've seen, there appears to be plenty of room to move it around and get it in there. However, on a vert, it appears the door has added door bracing in that area that limits that maneuvering space.

Anyone change one of these on a vert? How did you get the handle in? I am stumped!

Originally posted by pj29 View Post
    My door opening handle mechanism broke recently. I bought a new one but I really am having trouble getting it into the opening for it.

On all the tutorials I've seen, there appears to be plenty of room to move it around and get it in there. However, on a vert, it appears the door has added door bracing in that area that limits that maneuvering space.

Anyone change one of these on a vert? How did you get the handle in? I am stumped!
    I replaced a broken handle on my cabrio and don't remember any special problems. It's been a while. Sorry I can't give specifics, but it can be done. Good luck.

Cory
    1992 325i Cabrio
    1988 320i Touring
    2000 M5
    1977 530i
    2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
    BMWCCA
    E30CCA

Comment

Working...
    X