Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1985 coupe with Taurus

Morning all,
    I have just purchased a 1985 coupe with an original Taurus interior.

i really enjoy the Taurus, but don’t believe anyone still produces replacement leather. I have sourced a redone Cardinal full interior that I can swap, but I would rather stick with Taurus if there is a way.

Any words of inspiration here or knowledge of finding Taurus leather? I don’t have experience with interior repair but assume this is beyond repair at this point.

Attached Files

i dont think i've ever heard of that in an E30 before.

Comment

Originally posted by rmdashrf View Post
      i dont think i've ever heard of that in an E30 before.
      Me either, sort of why I’d like to keep it.

i called my local dealership and did confirm that’s how it came from the factory.

Comment

That's a cool color
        sigpic84 325e

Comment

That color is really pretty. Your best bet is a competent auto interior shop. I’m sure the experts can find a source.

Comment

I hope so. I talked to Walter @ bimmerseats.com and he is not aware of anyone making Taurus. He is steering me towards Cardinal and says they are very close. I’m going to check a couple of local shops.

Comment

I have the same color originally in a 1985 325e with diamond black exterior. I suspect it was an early option. The color was also used on many E23 and E24 cars. Maybe you could get hides dyed if you are willing to wait.

Comment

Working...
              X