Sport Seat Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sport Seat Rebuild

I have the sport seats in my convertible, but almost none of the adjustments work (or work very well).
    Has anyone rebuilt these seats before? Any thoughts on what I would need? I know I'll need the shock kit for each seat. Anything else before I tear these apart?
    Special tools?

Thanks!

Start with pulling the side covers and cleaning/inspecting the mech/sliding surfaces. A full rebuild is involved, for this you just need a screwdriver.

You can also pull (after removing the screws) the rear cover off of the seat to get to more bits.

Comment

Thanks I'm going to start pulling the passenger seat apart soon.

Comment

Try this:

I'm sure there are also plenty of YouTube videos. I first learned how to take them apart pre-YouTube/FB Groups. It's easy after the first time. I lot of the movement problems come from the mechanism on the side of the seat being gunked up with crud. Once you have it removed from the seat:

1. Blow it out with compressed air.
        2. Spray the inside of it good with a cleaner (I used carb cleaner) and activate all the movements a few times. Repeat until everything moves freely.
        3. Blow it out good again.
        4. Grease it with something that you can spray into the mechanism and gears.
        1992 325i Cabrio
        1988 320i Touring
        2000 M5
        1977 530i
        2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
        BMWCCA
        E30CCA

Comment

Working...
        X