Difference between coupe and vert door cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference between coupe and vert door cards

Hello, pardon my ignorance but I don't have much experience with coupes and verts (I have a 4-door). What are the differences between coupe and cabrio door panels (front and rear)? If they are different, can they still be interchanged? Thanks.
    sigpic
    January 2012 COTM

The rears cant be changed. The fronts from vert to coupe can be changed with a little work.
    On the top of the door card for for a vert its straight all the way across. on the coupe there is a little cut out for the pillar on the door.
    So when putting the vert panels on a coupe you need to pull the material back in the corner and trim the fiber board under and reglue the material then install.

Comment

Thanks for information. Another dumb question, how do the rear door cards differ? Can the material from a vert be swapped into the rear door cards of a coupe, or are they totally different shapes? Thanks again.
      sigpic
      January 2012 COTM

Comment

The rears have totally different shape.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

^ and a speaker in it.
          harry/harout

Comment

So, coupe door cards won't look right on a vert because the coupe panels have a cut-out for the pillar? Or is it unnoticeable?
            sigpic
            January 2012 COTM

Comment

Just look at an interior picture of both and it will soon make sense as to why they won't work

Comment

I have coupe front door cards on my vert. It's not perfect but it works and I have never had a comment from someone who noticed. It wouldn't be hard to make unnoticeable.

Comment

Originally posted by SA E30 View Post
                  Just look at an interior picture of both and it will soon make sense as to why they won't work
                  I was talking about the fronts.

Originally posted by Hey-U View Post
                  I have coupe front door cards on my vert. It's not perfect but it works and I have never had a comment from someone who noticed. It wouldn't be hard to make unnoticeable.
                  And I did look at pics and the difference isn't readily apparent. Which is why I was hoping someone who did the swap would respond. Thanks Hey-U.

vert

coupe
                  sigpic
                  January 2012 COTM

Comment

Working...
                  X