Evening out the wear on my Vaders....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evening out the wear on my Vaders....

I had my interior out doing my stereo install and notice how pristine my passenger seat was... It go me thinking it would be nice to even out the wear on the seat....

My drivers seat is in 8.5/10 condition my passenger is 10/10...

So I figured I'd try and swap the seating surfaces, and to my surprise it was easy, except for a clip that is designed to break when taking out the seat bottom, replacement clip is 21 cents. The clip is part number 52108130678, incase you want to try this you can have the 4 clips on hand.

Here is what I did.

Take out two torq head screws on bottom of seat

Here is where the clip brakes (I tried every method of preserving the clip and I could not so just buy them ahead of time).

Just pry up between the seat rear and the plastic pan and POP the clip breaks and out comes the seat cushon....dont have the pic but if you have it in front of you, you'll know where.

At this point the seat bottom is free except you need to depress a metal tab infront of the front leg support piece to get it to release and slide out.

Here is what is left of the clip in the seat bottom, just press down on what is left and it will push through.

Here is a clip glued back together for a picture.

Press in new clips into the seat bottom for reinstall...

Now for the back...

Clip cable ties in seat pan (pic of reinstall)

Tilt the seat forward and remove the two screws at the base of the back of the seat (torx head)

Remove side of seat latch lever by pulling out and using plastic pry bar and a small screwdriver to lift up on catch take off bezel.

Now take off back of seat (oh, yah, take out head rest)

remember pattern of seat back holding tabs and remove leather from tabs. (nice not to have hog rings!)

Then just remove cushion and leather, easily done.

Now reinstall in reverse order (picture of almost done)

After doing this once I could do a complete swap in 20 minutes tops!

Now I will have a nice new comfy seat to sit in and break this one in!

Nice I like it and will do the same. Thanks man

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...46#post3229446

Comment

dude thank you, my driver seat is completely broken in and my passenger seat is pristine, its definitely been bugging me!

mtechII 5 lug S50

Comment

I have one driver seat in black if u need one.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...46#post3229446

Comment

Working...
        X