Need help deciding what to do with interior project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help deciding what to do with interior project

Ah, I sit here at computer wondering if I should go down this road. If I can withstand the shit storm that could potentially come my way, or if people may actually have some constructive things to say.

I have recently completed some performance mods on my car (m30 swap and e36 5-lug swap) and now I want to turn my attention to the appearance. Im starting a similar thread in the Body/Paint Forum.

What should I do to my interior? Here are things that are already in the works.

1. Roll Bar - I have made an appointment with a local roll bar maker since there are no kits for 4-door E30s.

2. I want it to be black, comfortable but very sport oriented. However, spending $500 for a Cobra or Recarro seat, and then having to buy another one is not something I really want to do. I went and got a set of those EGay seats and to be honest, they aren't half bad. However, the mounting hardware is crap so they haven't gone in yet. But i may have a line on some M3 seats. I don't know how hard it was for Jordan to put those in but some insight would be nice.

3. Stereo - JL Audio subs and amps, a good sirius satellite headunit, MB quart speakers. pretty much all that needs to be said for now.

Now... I need some ideas. What should I do with the interior. Carpeting is moldy and nasty. I got a nice dyed rear deck. Im taking out the sunroof panel and may get one of those custom suede headliners to cover it all up. How hard is that kinda stuff to DIY (i.e. install, not make)? I hate the e30 parking brake console, can an e36 one be made to fit? I might just got to a salvage yard and see how things might look.

Anyway... give me your ideas. Im seeing a Momo steering wheel in my future. Would like some ACS style pedals if they work in an E30. You get the idea. Click on the thumbnails below to see larger ones.

Thanks
    Jared

i vote for an mtech II wheel. it just fits the interior perfectly.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I don't know... after seeing some pretty cool would-be race prepped interiors I might just go all out.

Don't flame, yes its BLUNTs car.

I could kinda dig an interior like that though. Christ, I have E46's and Denali's to look nice in. Why not make me a sports car.. hmmm..

But how would a full cage look like in a sedan?

Comment

Keep your door panels, take out the back seat and cover the area with carpet, get a billion-point roll cage, make adapters for your ebay seats cuz you already have the seats and you'll have to do it with any non-e30 seat you buy.... besides that, vaders arent that comfortable.

-Addis

Doing something M50 related? -> http://www.addissimo.com
        On Myspace? ->http://groups.myspace.com/r3vlimited
        BF2142 SN = BillyGoose

Comment

If you aren't tracking your car then a roll cage will be a waste of money.

Those seats won't be great on the track anyway.

97 Cosmos M3

Comment

Originally posted by MattE30
            If you aren't tracking your car then a roll cage will be a waste of money.

Those seats won't be great on the track anyway.
            BUT A ROLL BAR LOOKS SO fuh raze!!!!!!!!!111111111111111eleven

Comment

He.. yeah.. Im not trying to be a poser. I would take this to things like driver's schools and auto crosses, but I doubt I'll ever be so hardcore as to get into club racing. Wife is concerned with my safety... which would be another reason to get the cage in my opinion.

I think I may just go this route and let the critics be damned.

Comment

redcarsinterior is hawt.

I don't care if it is driven by a chef and doesn't see much action unless its a quick trip to cater.

Its hawt.
                Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Question on this interior - what kind of steering wheel is that? Who makes it? Where to get?

Comment

Working...
                  X