Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water leak -Dr and pass floors wet. Not the elephant trunk. Found one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water leak -Dr and pass floors wet. Not the elephant trunk. Found one!

I have water entry into both front floorboards, sunroof drains are clear, pulled the elephant trunk and it was reasonalby clear.
    I saw water dripping from the left side of the heater housing down to the gas pedal.

I park on a hill overnight, ass end down, would this cause water to pool up around the heater housing?
    If I have to pull the HH to reseal it, will it involve removing the entire dash or is there some access to apply RTV??

Your help is apprecieated. I'm not looking forward to pulling the dash if i have to.
    Last edited by benz-tech; 03-19-2011, 10:22 AM. Reason: fixed one leak
    You say "Where are your other two cylinders?"
    I say "Where's your other camshaft?"
    Frankenmotor: if an M42, M44, M20, S50, and S52 were to have a kid.

i had the same symptom. i had to pull the dash to check where it was coming from and it was the window seal... i replace it and no drip at all..
    Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

Did you check the lower sunroof drains up front, just behind the fenders, under the car?

Look just behind the rear edge of the fender, find that hole I am pointing at and clean it out carefully.

The sunroof drains into the body of the car just below the speakers, then dumps onto the ground through that tiny hole.

GL!
      Luke

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

I had a car where water pooled up by the heater blower seal and leaked through the seal that was bad...pain to diagnose and fix.
        Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Bearmw View Post
          I had a car where water pooled up by the heater blower seal and leaked through the seal that was bad...pain to diagnose and fix.
          That was likely a clogged elephant trunk. I think I am gonna find a better solution and replace the elephant trunk with a different design

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

I found one of the leaks. The one on the passenger side was coming from the rubber grommet where the 2 A/C hoses go through the firewall. I'll back up a bit. Both fenders have been replaced, and neither had the body sealant replaced in the upper corners. Water that pooled in the cowl trough dripped into the a/c hose grommet and, subsequently into the interior. I added M-B body sealant to my fenders and siliconed the grommet for good measure. One leak down, who knows how many to go...

Already checked the sunroof drains and they are clear. I'm still worried about the water dripping down on my right foot that is originating from above the heater valve. It rained something terrible last night, think I'll go check it this morning.
            You say "Where are your other two cylinders?"
            I say "Where's your other camshaft?"
            Frankenmotor: if an M42, M44, M20, S50, and S52 were to have a kid.

Comment

Working...
            X