Sport seat upholstery cut pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sport seat upholstery cut pattern

looking to recover my seats here pretty soon and was wondering if anyone had a cut pattern file they could post?
    90 m20is

a what?
    ----- www.jjcustominterior.com -----
    We specialize in Recaro restoration!

Comment

I think he means a pattern for the seats, so he can cut his material the correct size/shape to fit. Just my impression from it.

WTB NorCal: Z4 shifter + misc. parts

Comment

Originally posted by Zues View Post
        looking to recover my seats here pretty soon and was wondering if anyone had a cut pattern file they could post?
        I might be wrong but most DIYers usually just trace their old upholstery on to what they are making their kits out of. Not sure if someone that does this for a living would give you their patterns to copy I know certainly would not not, after all that is what keeps us all different is the fitment of each of our kits. I would suggest taking your upholstery apart and having a go at it. Good luck with your project.
        Kevin

www.seatkit.com New Site first week of April 2011
        Your DIY upholstery source
        e30tech forum sponsor
        E46 uphosltery kits coming soon..........
        kchinn@creativeoptions.info

Comment

that's what i did with mine. since it was torn up, i took it apart. trace it on a cardboard and cut it. laid over my material, cut and sewed. I even have the piping done. I'm patting my back for that. Now putting it all back together is another story. lol.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
          ---------------------------------
          89 E30 S52
          Transaction Feedback.

Comment

If you wind up making a template, I certainly wouldn't mind a copy!

Comment

i did make a template... and i did make cutouts of the materials as well.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
              89 E30 S52
              Transaction Feedback.

Comment

Keep one thing in mind; you'll note there are little notches cut in the upholstery every so often on the edge. when you have two mating surfaces (stitching two pieces together) you will need to line these notches together. This is what helps keep the material even on both sections when you sew them. If you don't, you're find the material may end up off when fitting time comes. This is how the dealership did it.
                sigpic

Comment

sewing classes in high school helped. lol. i'm rocking this sewing machine.
                  89 E30 S52
                  Transaction Feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by bernzpeed View Post
                    sewing classes in high school helped. lol. i'm rocking this sewing machine.
                    In for pics always love seeing others works. After all that is how I started my side business, turned full time.
                    Kevin

www.seatkit.com New Site first week of April 2011
                    Your DIY upholstery source
                    e30tech forum sponsor
                    E46 uphosltery kits coming soon..........
                    kchinn@creativeoptions.info

Comment

Sweet, im going for it. I may however have trouble finding cardinal letherette with texture that closely mimics real BMW leather. If anyone has any suggestions on where i might come across some it would be greatly appreciated. Also i did notice those halfmoon cut outs at the end of the matterial. Does anyone know whats used for that. Maybe i can modify a hole punch?

Comment

if you need material i can get it for you - im in Tacoma
                        ----- www.jjcustominterior.com -----
                        We specialize in Recaro restoration!

Comment

Working...
                        X