Gutted my interior...halp please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gutted my interior...halp please

I've taken all of my seats off, popped the ski-pass cut-out, and I'm trying to remove my carpet, but I'm not sure how to..How does one remove the door sills properly?
    My main goal is to replace my antenna cable, which is torn somewhere deep in ze dash. Anyone done this before?
    I had to go to safeway today, so I drove around the suburbs with only a lawn chair as my drivers seat.
    Thank you

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Everything just pops off

Comment

i thought early model cars had their carpet glued on

Comment

use a flat head screw driver, and pop them off.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
        my feedback thread

Comment

The sills do pop off but be ready to buy some new ones as they like to break.

COTM

Comment

Yes I have a late model (1991 four door 318i)
            I found that the carpet is glued on, and that foam shit all came apart :(

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

9, 10, and 12 pull straight up. Use a prying tool. For 11, there is a fastener at the back end, remove it, then slide it out toward the trunk. To remove the carpet, you only need to remove 9 and 11.

sigpic
              January 2012 COTM

Comment

The carpet isn't glued on, just sort of melted is the best way I can describe it.

If you need that cable, I have a spare you can have, just pay shipping. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by robrez View Post

On 9 and 11 pop up the end closer to the B-pillar (??middle of car) then slide the plastic trim piece out leaving the white clips inside the frame.

You're less likely to break the plastic clips, and trim if you do it like this.

Comment

Haha, I got it off finally today, but then I actually cracked off and broke the sill itself Oh well, PNP can solve that.
                    But tell me what you guys think about this: Since the antenna cable goes so deep into the dash in the midst of the harness, I plan on running the new replacement cable with a shortcut under the steering column and over the bolster... good idea or am I too ghetto for thinking of it? :D

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

just tuck it away nicely. take the cluster out and run it over steering column.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
                      my feedback thread

Comment

Working...
                      X