Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Center air vent

Hi,

What is the best way to get the center air vent out of the dash so I can replace? I figured someone has done this before I mess anything up..

Thanks!!

if you have a bone tool it would be easier. there's notches on top and bottom (this applies if you are taking the whole thing out.)
    now if you are taking it out bec. the vents won't stay put, i suggest just pry it out from one side while pushing it a little to the side then slide out.
    apply a small electrical type on the center thingy and put it back. The results are like brand new vents.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
    ---------------------------------
    89 E30 S52
    ---------------------------------
    Transaction Feedback.

Comment

I can't seem to find the link now but there is a procedure for removing the vents due to them being loose.

essentially you turn them down and work a thin screwdriver or other tool in there to help pop it free from the pin. It shouldn't take much, its basically slotted in there. An o-ring on the pin will stiffen things up.
      I don't always wreck cars, but when I do I wreck them into trees.

91' 318is S50 swap - The Black Widow

Comment

I changed mine yesterday. The original was broken, it did not bother me if it breaks.
        There are 2 pins on top and 2 pins at the bottom. They are biting the edge of the dash. They will not break if pulled hard.
        What I did, I took long nose pliers, squeezed very tightly in the middle and pulled hard. Took me ten seconds.

Comment

Working...
        X