Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OBC light bar is good, but no light? After dash replacement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OBC light bar is good, but no light? After dash replacement.

I replaced my dash and my OBC light doesnt work anymore. I have two known good light bars and they both dont light up the OBC. Did I not hook something up? I feel like this is a noob question but couldnt find anything when searched.

You have to measure the contacts with a meter to be sure. Known good isn't good enough with these things. If one filament breaks the whole thing won't work because they are in series. Measure it first and verify that it's good. Did you remember to plug in the OBC connector?
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
      Did you remember to plug in the OBC connector?
      THIS

I did my OBC swap and my obc started tripping balls and I couldn't figure out why. It ended up being my connector barely being connected to the obc. Plugged it all the way in and it worked perfect.

-NICK

Comment

Are you talking about the green connector with the black clip - or the one wire connector with the white housing?

Comment

didn't want to start a new thread so bumping an old.

the display on my obc lights up and shows color perfectly, but the buttons do not light up. any idea if its a simple bulb that i should plug in or??...

Comment

There's a bulb for the buttons

Comment

Working...
            X